Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

612 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 2:46 PM by Matt88619
Matt88619 Amateur 16 posts since
Mar 31, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 6, 2012 8:37 PM

What's your story?

If you have a story to share about why you wanted to start the Couch to 5K Training Program, I would love to hear all about it, along with many other people, so don't be shy and tell us why you started and what you have acheived so far...

Check out my blog for heaps of Click here for training information at www.5ktainingschedules.com

• Alex1533 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 7, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 7, 2012 2:26 PM (in response to Matt88619)
    What's your story?

Here we go.  41 year old male terrible out of shape.  Weight day 1 week 1 240 and that was down from 300.  Terrible kidney stone 2 years ago set me on a path to get in better shape.  Hate running and promised that when playing football in college ended I would never run again.  Held to that rediculas promise until Feb 2012.  I have 6 kids and I want to be here for them and want them to be healthier also.  Man from my church wants me to run a 5k mud run with him so I decided to start running.  Co-worker told me about the C25k program so I downloaded the APP for my Iphone and asked the older kids to join me.  We just finished week one and praise God we are all still here and injury free.  I know we have only ran 3 times but I am actually craving the next run.  My oldest is 16 and has been a trooper and I beleive she is liking it also.  The other 2 are twin girls age 13 and they are wanting to talk and skip and run backwards the whole time but they are out there with us.  We live in the country so we are running the road that is up and down hill which I hope just makes us that much better.  We have my old goat of a father in law follow us in the John Deere Gator.  That is our story so far and i am so looking forward to being in better shape and building on this program.  Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points