Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

633 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 2:10 PM by Jasko123
sapphiregal Expert 59 posts since
May 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 14, 2012 6:02 PM

Questions! Sick!

Ok well I have a stomach ache...  not up to eat anything all that started yesterday... Hate that feeling.. I rarely get sick! Anyway Im on week 8 day 1 was going to run yesterday but decided not to cuz not feeling well and thought Id run today but no still need more rest.  I have a 5k race coming up this Saturday the 17th... Im debating if I should run tomorrow or rest til 5K this saturday?? What are your thoughts??

Thanks!

Jenene

• ydiez Pro 135 posts since
    Nov 7, 2011
    1. Mar 15, 2012 5:18 AM (in response to sapphiregal)
    Questions! Sick!

You are not going to win or lose anything in terms of fitness and stamina because of running tomorrow, moreover, you will probably do better on your race if you are fully rested. So I would focus on getting healthy, if you feel totally ok tomorrow you can go for a light run to get the feeling back, but if not, just rest.

Current PB:

5k: 20:12 (December 31st 2012)

10k : 42:30 (March 9th 2014)

Half Marathon: 1:35:27 (February 3rd 2013)

After completing my 10th HM it's marathon time. To be totally honest now it's recovery time due to an ankle injury, THEN I'll think about the Marathon.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    2. Mar 15, 2012 6:31 AM (in response to ydiez)
    Questions! Sick!

Running while sick for most runs it's okay to run if it's in your head and not run if it's below your head.

If you fell fine today run if you want, missing a day will not hurt you just don't make it a habit.

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    3. Mar 15, 2012 2:10 PM (in response to sapphiregal)
    Questions! Sick!

Digestive problems are the worst...I would say do a brisk walk for a couple of miles if you feel okay.  You will not lose any of your 5k training in a few days. 

Hope you are feeling better and best of luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...