Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

654 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 4:00 PM by haygar RSS
sapphiregal Expert 59 posts since
May 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2012 11:02 AM

St. Patricks Day Run!?

Hi! Have any of you did a 5k run today? I did!!  But boy it was tough!  Not the same as the treadmil!  I had to stop several times to walk!  I do wonder will I ever say 5k is sooo easy??  How do you do it???   I also had a stomach flu for about 3 days (wed-Fri). Anyway I did it but was darn hard!  My time was 35.40..  SLOW!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    1. Mar 17, 2012 1:06 PM (in response to sapphiregal)
    St. Patricks Day Run!?

..Totally not similiar to the treadmill.  It is amazing that you ran with the stomach flu...take pride in your accomplishment, rest and hydrate. 

I ran a 10K today and it also was a tough route.  I have never reached the point of describing any race as easy, although some of the courses are less painful than others!

Congrats and hope you are feeling better soon. 

• DallMike Amateur 9 posts since
    Feb 1, 2011
    2. Mar 18, 2012 2:17 PM (in response to sapphiregal)
    St. Patricks Day Run!?

Congrats!  You should get an award just for running with the stomach flu.  I went out with over 5000 friends and had a blast!

1/28/12 - The Texas Half 5K 32:52

2/10/12 - Hot Chocolate 5K 33:10

3/17/12 - Dash Down Greenville 5K 31:58

• haygar Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2012
    3. Mar 18, 2012 4:00 PM (in response to sapphiregal)
    St. Patricks Day Run!?

A 5K is a big accomplishment!! Yea! I did my first 10K and just signed up for a Half in June. I think I've lost my mind! lol

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...