Skip navigation

288 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 3:51 PM by SoftballPerformance_com RSS
SoftballPerformance_com Pro 128 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 19, 2012 3:51 PM

How Willing Are You to Change?

Guest post by Ken Krause, Life in the Fastpitch Lane

Tonight I had a very interesting discussion with one of my students. She was my last lesson of the night and we had a little time to chat before her mom came back to pick her up.

We spoke of many things, but then we got into the idea of players being willing to change what they're doing to get better. I then mentioned that my teaching had changed somewhat since the days when my sons had played baseball.

That's when Jenna asked an interesting question: If you found better mechanics than what you're currently doing, would you make your students change?

I paused for only a moment and then said yes. She seemed a little surprised at first, but then I asked her "If I discovered something that could add five mph to your pitches wouldn't you want me to share that with you, even if it's different?" It didn't take her long to nod her head yes.

This is something coaches need to be willing to do — give up what they believe when something better comes along. That might seem self-evident but it's really not.

Softball Coaching Tips - How Willing Are You to Change?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...