Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3567 Views 85 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2007 1:14 AM by mariposai RSS 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
anachrotech031 Pro 144 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 16, 2007 6:06 AM

Thursday August 16 Boomer Runs

Only 3 for me this morning.  Rather hoomid.  So where's this rain we were supposed to get?

3 miles in 33.

Good runs all.

• hopeful4ever Legend 995 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Aug 16, 2007 6:09 AM (in response to anachrotech031)
    Re: Thursday August 16 Boomer Runs

Only 3 for me this morning too!    Rather hoomid here also - but that is suppose to break tomorrow.   Should be a nice morning Saturday for a 10 miler up at Silver Lake - at least I'm hoping so!

Since I was only suppose to run 3 today, I told Brinkley to set the pace - we averaged 9:26. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

Happy Thoisday!

~Mary

• Head Band Bill Legend 789 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Aug 16, 2007 6:22 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

10 miles total this morning with miles 7, 8, and 9 at MP 8:37, 8:28, and 8:27.  80 degrees and 90% humidity at 4:45 AM.

Even with the fast finish miles, this was nearly 3 minutes slower than the same distance last week in Alaska with hills. Sigh. Back to the Byll miles grind.

Thanks for the nice comments about my photos yesterday!

Bill

----

Bill's Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• perchcreek Legend 821 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    3. Aug 16, 2007 6:59 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

Good Morning!
    Hoomid here too, but never as bad as breeger's. 100+ high again today in NC. It was about 72 and hoomid at 4:45 am.

Had a very nice 8.4 mile GA run in 1:12:47 (8:39 pace AHR 158). This nice rolling hills run goes from Conover NC to Newton. When I got to Newton there were lawn chairs and blankets set up all along both sides of the road from people saving spots for some parade today. It was cool because it was like running along a silent, invisible cheering crowd. My turn around is the small block around the city hall/courthouse. There, the street was blocked off and vendors set up.. cotton candy, popcorn, hot dogs... all vacant and ghostly. I was also talking to the hills this run thanking them for the charge while climbing. Could feet the effects of the uphill charging on the other side, going down. Fun run!

Keep cool!
    Steve

--

<br /><a href="http://interwovendesign.com/kick/userdisplay.php3?username=perchcreek" target="_blank">My Profile[/URL" target="_blank"><br /><br /><a href="http://www.highschoolrunner.com/article/0,7120,ss6-238-2635536-2-1-2,00.html" target="_blank">Water Running[/URL" target="_blank">

• hally Legend 1,194 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    4. Aug 16, 2007 7:14 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

quote:

Originally posted by breger1:

10 miles total this morning with miles 7, 8, and 9 at MP 8:37, 8:28, and 8:27. 80 degrees and 90% humidity at 4:45 AM.

Even with the fast finish miles, this was nearly 3 minutes slower than the same distance last week in Alaska with hills. Sigh. Back to the Byll miles grind.

Thanks for the nice comments about my photos yesterday!

Bill

grrrrrrrrr forgot to look at those when I got home, I will do it today.

• mrwhite039 Legend 250 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Aug 16, 2007 7:18 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

Good morning,

70 degrees and 95% humidity (I'm not complaining mind you). I ran 4 miles at about a 10:45 pace.

----

mike

• dg9005 Legend 1,324 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Aug 16, 2007 7:41 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

morning boomers,

bill, it's nice to have you back. sigh for the weather change for you. The pictures are absolutely beautiful.

nice run, Mike. sounds like you are getting ready. do you have a plan of attack?

perch, !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!. sounds like my kind of crowd. what a fun run.

hoomid here too. -). 66F 94%H, 65DP.
    38:07, 3.57 miles, ahr 165, max 179, ave. pace 10:40, max 7.4.  I did a few striders again, 3 on the flat measured place, 3 on hills. (downhills)  1 mile w/u c/d.   ( should have posted right after mary, 3 for 3)

Sadie enjoyed her run. she's been all smiles since we got back. she helped me stretch.

thanks for the hip advice marie... I did take yesterday off. thought about it today, decided to do a shorter run & be careful. Yesterday I did some of the exercises to try to re-align, & was much better today! I still know they're there, but all things considered that's probably a good thing anyway. ;-).

Doug, how's your back?

• ced53 Legend 727 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    7. Aug 16, 2007 7:44 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

about a 1000 yds in the pool today.
    not a lot, but it gets me on page 1 !!
    caigr

• mbelongia Legend 211 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Aug 16, 2007 7:45 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

I had a nice, rainy run this morning.  It was just a steady, light rain with no lightning.  And warmish, so no chance of getting cold from being wet!

I did 3.5 miles in about 43 minutes of walk/run.  I walked a 5 min. w/u, then did 3 x 9 minute runs with 2 minute walk breaks.  Walked the rest of the way home for c/d.  That's a total of 27 running minutes...wooohooo!  My hip felt fine after a couple twinges in the first 1/8 of a mile running.  I'll ice it for good measure.

I also preceded my morning run with 1 set of 15 PT exercises (minus the lunges...I'm afraid that'd be too much for my hip on a running day).

Nice pics yesterday, Byll. The flyover photo of Denali was breathtaking!

Perch, your morning run sounds idyllic. (Hope I used that word correctly for all the wordies out there).

Have a great 

(I just like that little guy!)

• SueT48 Legend 319 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Aug 16, 2007 7:59 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

Good morning Boomers!

Thanks for starting us off anachrotech!

After seeing Bill's temp and humidity this morning, I won't whine about my high 60's. Great Alaska pictures, Bill - thanks for sharing!

Another easy 6.5 miles on the track. The big orange sun made a brief appearance before it was gobbled up by the clouds. Looks like we might get some rain today.

My noon walk yesterday took me down a road that runs through the middle of a golf course. As I was walking by one of the greens I saw a golf cart that had been converted to a beer wagon. The woman driving the cart waited patiently until all of the golfers had putted out, and then she drove over into the shade next to their golf cart and started dispensing cups of cold beer. She had snacks on the cart as well. I may have to consider taking up golf........

Upon arriving home last night I discovered a large bag filled with fresh produce - tomatoes, green beans and squash - on my front porch. What a nice anonymous gift! I planted tomatoes as soon as we moved in, but they were quickly devoured by the deer. I'll have to plan another strategy for next summer.

Mary - good luck with your run Saturday!

Good runs to all!

----

Sue

• fjordrunner Legend 306 posts since
    Jul 28, 2006
    10. Aug 16, 2007 8:17 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

that rain you were looking for? why it was right here in sweden. absolutely poured this morning, again. but it cleared up and except for a few drops here and there i did 6 breezy miles with some sunshine interspersed, followed by FjordDip with DH who was at the beach following his own run (a lot faster than mine). the house is empty; fjorddaughter, her fiande, and DS2 all left early yesterday morning. quiet...

the stats: 6 miles, 1.22, pace 13.43, AHR an ugly 142 - started out much too fast.

good runs,

----

susan[/URL" target="_blank">

• dselby3 Pro 117 posts since
    Oct 31, 2007
    11. Aug 16, 2007 8:34 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

7.3 miles in 1:00:22 - in the so very hooomid conditions of Nebraska, that it turned to rain.  But not the cooling, nice rain, the annoying, gee still hot, but now you are really wet kind of rain.  Oh well, better than running on a treadmill, or not at all!

----

Dave

The truth is you can always run faster; sometimes the truth hurts.

• Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    12. Aug 16, 2007 8:54 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

Good Morning Boomers!

Debbie – I love those downhill striders…glad the hip doesn’t seem to be bothering you…

MrWhite – have you run many HMs before?

11.1 miles for me this morning in 71 hoomid (but pleasant) degrees. The first 3 miles were slow and sluggish, but the last 8 were at a pleasant GA pace (ave pace 9:12). This is the farthest I have run before work before. I may regret it later in the afternoon, when I get that “wiped out” feeling, with no nap in sight. (Jeesh, my boss makes such WEAK coffee…good thing I brought some French Roast for later…)

At about mile #3, a small moth flew right up my left nostril, causing me to dance around trying to blow out a moth-rocket before it entered my brain… !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

It’ll be in the 90’s for tonight’s soccer practice. I really hate to make the little guys work hard in the heat. Got to think up some “goalie catch” or “throw in” drills.

Happy Thursday!

----

Holly[/URL" target="_blank">

• DaveinAA035 Legend 742 posts since
    Dec 18, 2005
    13. Aug 16, 2007 9:06 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

Welcome back to the H&H grind, bonger, and thanks for sharing those gorgeous pics.

FF, congrats to you and MrF on your races, AG wins, and phenomenal post-race binge. I think that new 10-acre corner of paradise is making you giddy. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Sue, nice anonymous gift of produce... what did they leave you on Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbors' Porch Day[/URL" target="_blank">?

Four untimed, drippy, easy miles.

Forecast for tomorrow evening looks perfect, upper 70s, low wind, 40% humidity, 70% chance of a mile PR, 100% chance of a fun Boomer meeting.

• Better than yesterday Legend 767 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    14. Aug 16, 2007 9:15 AM (in response to anachrotech031)

Good Morning Boomers

Nice bike ride in today. I was 10 minutes late getting out the door this morning. Then I realized how really stiff my lower back and hips were, so I did some of those trunk rotation things for a few minutes, stretched out the low back and hammies, and scooted out the door now 20 minutes late. But it was worth it to be pleasantly loosened up before hitting the road, and since my boss is still on vacation, I think it's no biggie, but I'll have to shorten the lunch break to 30:00, which will mean no lunchtime ride along the river.

I have to take very small steps today (ok, not quite Bill Murray as "Bob", but shortened somewhat).  This is the second time this summer that I left my colored socks on the bed while packing, and so I have to wear my white socks (intended for the ride home) with my shirt and tie, Khakis and wing tips.  I'm sure people will be asking me what I hurt when they see me walking this way.  I guess I should come up with a better answer than the truth.  Any suggstions?   Maybe something in Latin?  What would Forgotten Sock Syndrome be in Latin?

1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...