Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

866 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 11:49 AM by Jasko123
RunningArends11 Rookie 9 posts since
Aug 24, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 29, 2012 4:09 PM

Compression Socks? Thoughts? Benefits?

Hello fellow runners. Generally speaking I am only sore on the back of my legs (hamstrings, and calves). As I have been increasing the intensity of my training the intesity of tightness in my calves has also increased. I have never used compression socks and was curious if anyone had advice? Are they helpfull? A suggested brand? Do you run in them? Do you use them after a run? Etc. Anything would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 13, 2012 11:49 AM (in response to RunningArends11)
    Compression Socks? Thoughts? Benefits?

I think there are of great assistance for support and circulation issues.  Some are as expensive as shoes, but may be worth the investment.  I train in mine during LR days and always utilize them for races.  Most are also thin enough that wearing a shorter support sock over top of them might also work out.  There are many brand option and price ranges available.  Nike makes them, of course, and I would recommend looking into sockgeek (largest selections) and Thorlos. 

Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...