Skip navigation

1313 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 2:16 PM by Frank_B
CoachTurnkey Amateur 12 posts since
Mar 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 30, 2012 10:14 PM


Minor A Division.

TEAM A has lost two players due to players being moved up to MAJORS. TEAM B has had two players decline the move up to Majors division. TEAM A is requesting for one of the two players that declined from TEAM B. Can a Board/Player Agent do this? Who choses player to move? Player agent is working on one possible move from Minor B but the selections are skimpy. Not too many players are ready for move up.

I recall that Little League has a method/option when players refuse to move up. I know that any way it is handled it will create bad feelings. I can handle those if the correct method is utilized. Suggestions...

  • Mark_S Pro 69 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 31, 2012 12:29 PM (in response to CoachTurnkey)
    HOW TO HANDLE....?

    Regulation III(e) in the LL Rule Book covers this.


    "Note 1: Minor League and T-Ball players may be reassigned at the discretion of the local League Board of Directors and player agent in order to provide a balanced training program."


    So it does not have to involve the players that chose not to move up. 

  • Frank_B Legend 1,311 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Mar 31, 2012 2:16 PM (in response to CoachTurnkey)
    HOW TO HANDLE....?

    As with many other issues, LL Inc., turns the 0P'S situation remedy over to the local Board of Directors.


    Go to Reg. VIII(b)---wherein it states:  "Note The local league should establish a policy, approved by the Board of Directors, regarding players who decline to move up to a Major League team. Such policy should be distributed at the time of registration and/or tryouts."   [We allready know, that regulation stipulates a player who refuses to move up is no longer eligible to move up to Majors for the current sesson]----but nothing to do with the OP's situation]


    The "method/option" remedy to CT's  situation has to come from his own  board--not LL Inc.


    This is further discussed on page 15 of.."A Year In the Life of Hometown Little League" follows:--

    Quote----"A Local League should have a policy in its local rules regarding players who refuse to move up to a Major Division team.  (Example: such player must be transferred to another Minor League team")     end quote!       [the example is LL's... not mine] 


    For many years, some of of our leagues have annually adopted  a local rule---that states:.

    If  a Minors player refuses to move up to Majors, such player is re-assigned to the Minors team that did lose a player to the Majors in that situation.


    This eliminates the possibility of a "devious" Minors manager from "protecting/keeping" a stud player in Competitive Minors---by influencing such player to "refuse" to move up. One way or the other, he is going to lose his stud player.



More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...


  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points