Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1574 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 2:08 PM by kwoodz
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 1, 2012 11:17 AM

T.H.O.R. Reviews

Share your experiences with the T.H.O.R. below Back to event details page.

• R00ster77 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 8, 2012
    1. Apr 1, 2012 11:17 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: T.H.O.R. Reviews

Awesome event. The obstacles were well placed. The course was well marked. If there was an area where there could have been confusion, or if someone could get hurt, they provided staff members for assistance. Great job!

• jenngor Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 8, 2012
    2. Apr 1, 2012 11:19 AM (in response to Guest )

I had a blast yesterday!  Everything was very well laid out and organzied. It was all very well marked and was almost impossible to get lost on the trail.  They used their resources availble to make one awesome race. I can't wait for the next one.

• rwallander Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 1, 2012
    3. Apr 1, 2012 12:48 PM (in response to Guest )

First year of anything like this in Wichita Falls and i think it was very well organized and supported. They stated the turnout was over double what they had planned for but they handled that well in my opinion. Well marked, well thought out course, good use of terrain. FUN and creativity  were involved in making the course and it showed. They didnt take themselves too seriously either, it was a real fun easy going atmosphere. The voulenteers working the course really seemed to be enjoying  themselves too.

• TaylorHouts6177 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 17, 2012
    4. Apr 1, 2012 1:24 PM (in response to Guest )

it was a lot of fun, really good time. 1st time running an obstacle run. Organization was good.

• ramos777 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2012
    5. Apr 1, 2012 5:52 PM (in response to Guest )

Just what WF needed... an adventure run to go along with a great Cycling community!  Course was well done, resources used well, and communication before and during the event were spot on.  To get 5-stars the obstacles needed to be a little tougher and more dense.  There was a little more distance between obstacles than other 5k events.  Very well done, though!  Cant wait til next year!  (or sooner!)

• rebeccastephens7521 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 14, 2012
    6. Apr 1, 2012 7:04 PM (in response to Guest )

Some difficulty getting questions answered prior to race and things seemed tad unorganzied on the "paperwork" side of things which made it difficult for out of towners but the race itself was FANTASTIC. I think there could have been more obstacles, and maybe even more challenging ones. Overall, it was a great experience and would defintely make the drive to do it again. I can't express how fun it truly was and how great it was to let lose and have fun out there. By far some of the best race memories I've made yet.

• leraye2020 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 2, 2012
    7. Apr 2, 2012 7:56 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first obstacle challenge.  I really enjoyed it! We had a blast participating in this event! The only thing I would recommend is that the army crawl not be dry.  It would've been better had it been in a mud pit.

• JEBlack Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 2, 2012
    8. Apr 2, 2012 9:56 AM (in response to Guest )

This was the 1st obstacle course I have ran since boot camp and I remember boot camp being easier. We had a blast and look forward to future T.H.O.R. races.

• bkzoey Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 2, 2012
    9. Apr 2, 2012 2:52 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event! Had a group of 8 that participated and everyone had a blast. We left NO obstacle incomplete!! Organized very well and by the turn out it was supported very well also. Thanks to those who made this event something to look forward too for years to come!

• catts4christ Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 29, 2011
    10. Apr 2, 2012 3:40 PM (in response to Guest )

This event was a blast!  The obstacles were well placed, lots of fun, and really muddy, but not too hard.  The event was well organized, from registration to packet pick-up to the race itself.  I was very impressed considering this was an inaugural event.  I certainly hope this becomes an annual happening!  I'd definitely do it again!

• mrmrssmith1925 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 3, 2012
    11. Apr 3, 2012 1:52 PM (in response to Guest )

T.H.O.R. was in fact AMAZING! Although questions were hard to get answered the event went off without a hitch. I wish they could do something like this a couple of times a year because we are now hooked on mud runs and have to travel so far away to do them. Please come back next year, the year after, and so on!

• kwoodz Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 6, 2010
    12. Apr 3, 2012 2:08 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a great inaugural event with lots of great support.  Go Wichita Falls!!!  I have ran in many in the metromess and this one was just as good.  Would recommend placing signs for mile markers or just for encouragement.  Only one volunteer could answer how far I had gone.  LOVED THE WIND.  We had a blast!!!

Kelli

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...