Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

26350 Views 182 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:25 PM by SingingPilgrim RSS Go to original post 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Previous Next
  • Latashababygirl Amateur 15 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    120. Apr 28, 2012 10:47 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Irulan I’m glad to hear you say it gets easier, I justfinished week 3 today and I feel GREAT. I would have never thought I wouldstill be doing this. This morning I even thought about skipping my workoutbecause I wanted to have a lazy day but once I started walking/running my bodywas sooooo happy that I didn’t skip the workout. Week 3 complete, week 4 startson Tuesday. Those 2 days off I feel lazy so I’ll be playing a lot of Wii withthe kids and probably do a 20 minute walk on the treadmill tomorrow. I neverintended to run a 5K after this but I’m starting to feel confident that I can.  WTG EVERYONE, KEEP PUSHING!!!!!

C25K-Week 1 Completed

C25K-We ek 2 Completed

C25K-Week 3 Completed

C25K-Week 4 Completed

C25K-Week 5

C25K-Week 6

C25K-Week 7

C25K-Week 8

C25K-Week 9

• irulan Amateur 23 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    121. Apr 28, 2012 1:56 PM (in response to Latashababygirl)
    Starting in April!

Latasha - well done! Sometimes talking yourself into doing the workout is the hardest part of the whole thing! I know what you mean about feeling lazy on the rest days, which is why I've started doing strength training on the days I don't run. Keeps me motivated and I'm enjoying the fact that I'm already seeing results!  I typically run on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday, and do strength training on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.  Tuesdays are my total rest days.

Today, my partner treated me to a trip out to Runner's Choice, where I got my feet measured etc. and I got an actual pair of running shoes! The salesperson was so helpful. He helped me pick out a couple different pairs for my gnarly feet, and I eventually narrowed it down to the ProGrid Omni 10 made by Saucony - it fit around my heel a little better than the New Balance shoes. They were both the same price - $140 (Canadian).

He also suggested I try a pair of double-layer socks; they're synthetic and wick moisture, and he said that he noticed a huge difference over the cotton socks he wore when he first took up running. I'll let you guys know if I think they're worth it! LOL

«« irulan »»

...let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. -- Hon. Jack Layton

C25K Start Date: April 1st, 2012

Next Race: Toronto Women's 5K - May 27th, 2012

Apr 9, 2012
    122. Apr 29, 2012 7:41 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Finished W5D1! The new shoes made a huge difference. My slowest 800m (~1/2 mi) interval today was still at least 15-20 seconds faster than any of the same distance in W4!  I finished all 3 intervals in less than 6 mins each... last week the same distance took me roughly 6:10 to complete.

«« irulan »»

...let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. -- Hon. Jack Layton

• SRB2012 Amateur 20 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    123. Apr 29, 2012 7:56 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Finished W3D3 yesterday and it felt good!  My knees hurt less than they usually do-it was great! I haven't checked the schedule for W4 yet, and while I'm apprehensive about a longer distance, I am excited too:)  So proud of all of us!

Apr 9, 2012
    124. Apr 29, 2012 8:30 AM (in response to SRB2012)
    Starting in April!

Woohoo! Great job! To me, W4 felt like a pretty natural progression from W3. Just don't be afraid to slow down if you need to

«« irulan »»

Apr 9, 2012
    125. Apr 30, 2012 1:22 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

So disappointed!!  I did W4D1 today and had to walk 45 seconds of the last 2 minutes of the last 5 minute jog.  I suspect it's only because those last 5 minutes were uphill, but still, it's the first time I haven't been able to do the prescribed training.  I'm going to switch my route again. I do the same loop every time, but since my neighborhood is so hilly, every time the intervals change each week, I may or not be going uphill for a hard part. My W4D2 will be Wednesday or Thursday, so hopefully switching the route will not have me going uphill when I'm the most tired and jogging the final interval. Grrrr.

Knees still holding out, though, so that's positive:)

• jenny99779 Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 8, 2010
    126. May 1, 2012 4:23 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

W3D2  I think I'm going to repeat week 3.  Hardly making it to the 3 minutes this week, there's no way I will do 5 minutes next week.  Anyone else repeating weeks?  When I start out, it feels great, and I think that I can run forever...and then about a minute later I'm thinking there's no way possible that I can make it to 3 minutes!!!  BUT...3 weeks ago I couldn't run 3 90 seconds, forget about 3 minutes...Can this encourage everyone who might think about giving up?

Canadian Jen

• lily_lily Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    127. May 1, 2012 4:36 AM (in response to jenny99779)
    Starting in April!

I'm also repeating weeks. I'm doing week 2 again, specifically W2D3. For some reason, I can run comfortably for 3 of the 6 runs. I'm trying to get through all of them without stopping.

• victoria75 Amateur 40 posts since
    Apr 10, 2012
    128. May 1, 2012 7:57 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

I did week5 day 1 yesterday. It felt good once I got going. I did a couple extra 5 min. runs after, it felt so good by then. I definately still notice tightness and soreness when i walk especially. I really have to adjust my gait on the first couple walks because it feels as if something will tear or go wrong. I am streching after my run, dont know how else to fix this, im hoping it just eventually goes away.

• Fler Rookie 5 posts since
    Apr 26, 2012
    129. May 2, 2012 5:58 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Hit a speed bump on Monday....was cleared by the Dr yesterday, re did week 2 day 3 with ni problems.....moving on to Week 3....

Victoria, I have been told by many peopole you should stretch before and after your workout.....just a thought :-)

• xbritnex Amateur 12 posts since
    Apr 13, 2012
    130. May 2, 2012 8:35 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Hey everyone I found I really interesting youtube video today. It has to do with weight loss. I know a lot of us doing this c25k are doing it for health as well as weight loss so I thought I would share it with all of you. This girl in the video is also doing to c25k program. The video makes you think about what your putting in your mouth and I found it really interesting. I hope you guys enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-c9TDiQrM

Apr 9, 2012
    131. May 3, 2012 9:55 AM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Just finished W4D2 and it was much better than W4D1, when I had to walk 45 seconds of the last 5 minute jog.  I did the whole thing today. It was a different route since I ran on my lunch break, but I'm just happy I did it!

• Latashababygirl Amateur 15 posts since
    Apr 9, 2012
    132. May 3, 2012 5:28 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

Hey everyone, I been really busy this week but I have not missed a workoutt. I completed week 4 day 1 on tuesday and it really kicked my butt. Because I had so much to do today and didnt want to set myself up to NOT workout I did week 4 day 2 lastnight before bed, again is kicked my butt and I almost quit but I was soooo glad I didnt. For the first time since starting, I am SCARED of going into week 5. Week 4 day 3 is due on Saturday but I may do it on Friday because my birthday is Monday (big 32) and I will be celebrating this weekend. You all are doing so well, keep it up!!!!

C25K-Week 1 Completed

C25K-We ek 2 Completed

C25K-Week 3 Completed

C25K-Week 4 Completed

C25K-Week 5

C25K-Week 6

C25K-Week 7

C25K-Week 8

C25K-Week 9

Apr 10, 2012
    133. May 3, 2012 11:07 PM (in response to Fler)
    Starting in April!

i havent wanted to stretch prior to the workout because my muscles arent warmed up yet, and i havent wanted to stop and stretch between the 5 minute warmup and the run. i was thinking ill try to get out and at least walk a bit earlier in the day and then i can stretch alot then.. then do the run at night like ive been doing..

Apr 10, 2012
    134. May 3, 2012 11:14 PM (in response to nikita138)
    Starting in April!

week 5, day 2 is done, i almost forgot to log it here! I was thinking it would be alot harder than it was. I dont know how im doing it, but i am! when id done the 8 minute runs, I was thinking about w5d3-the 20 minute run, and because i was nervous about being able to do it, i made myself keep going and did another 14 minutes, so im less anxious for the 20 minute one now as its just 6 (long) more minutes than what i know i can do.

Im also starting to see that I will indeed at this rate be able to do a 5k, no matter whether or not Ive lost weight. I think its really brave of those of you who have signed up for one! trying to work on my thinking- less thinking about weight loss, and just keep at it, like you guys i guess.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...