Skip navigation

784 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 5:56 AM by Stacey123 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2012 10:28 AM

Bainbridge Half Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Bainbridge Half Marathon below Back to event details page.

• msm440 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 10, 2007
    1. Apr 15, 2012 10:28 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Bainbridge Half Marathon Reviews

The inaugural half was a good running experience. The race route was interesting and a lovely run except for a portion of Monroe street and the Lake Douglas area where roads had been dug up due to the sewer work. The dust in that area from passing traffic was unpleasant. There were ample water stops and super friendly volunteers, lots of encouragement. I like the medal and the tee shirts. Good Job, looking forward to next year.

• AmeliaGibbs Rookie 1 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    2. Apr 15, 2012 10:53 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought that the inaugural half was a very fun running experiene!  I enjoyed the out and back loops on the course.  The water/powerade stations were plentiful and the race just flew by for me:)  I wonder why it took so long to do awards since it was chip timed?  I can't seem to find the results posted anywhere and I would love to see them.  As for the Relay Half Marathon, I think that it would be beneficial to have shuttles run the relayers back and forth.  If you didn't have an extra car, someone would be left standing on the side of the road in the dark waiting on their relay partner and then the person who did the first leg of it would have to walk back to the start/finish line.  Overall, my group really enjoyed this race!!

• jchuhn Rookie 1 posts since
    May 15, 2009
    3. Apr 15, 2012 11:54 AM (in response to Guest )

I really enjoyed the running experience throughout the entire route. The hills presented a challenge while not to demanding. As previously stated, the road construction played havoc on the lungs and in my case, right knee/hip. Nothing that a little motrin couldn't knock out. I didn't stick around for the awards presentation, so I am eager to see how everyone finished. Looking forward to next year, any plans for routing a Full Marathon?

• mcgootsie Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    4. Apr 15, 2012 1:46 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a great inaugural event! Volunteers were very nice, there were plenty of stocked aid stations, and the course provided a variety of scenery. As someone who had never been to Bainbridge before, the race seemed to showcase the town nicely. The street construction in one of the neighborhoods was unfortunate timing, but something that will likely be finished by next year's event. The uneven surfaces and the dust in this section were minor impediments, at best, and no worse than many off-road trails. Overall, I enjoyed the small-town feel of this race!

• William Arnold 3 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 19, 2011
    5. Apr 15, 2012 2:52 PM (in response to Guest )

My wife and I were very impressed with the organization and communication leading up to the race.  Also, we appreciated all of the water stations and cheering spectators along the way.  The course was flatter than most of the halfs my wife and I have run in the past.  (We both PR'd )  Already looking forward to next year!  Thank you for a great event!

• mauricioendara Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 17, 2011
    6. Apr 15, 2012 5:53 PM (in response to Guest )

I have the opportunity to run a lot of events in different venues. This was without a doubt a very well organized and fun event. I will be back next year with a few more running friend. Highly recommend it for any runner. Great scenery and well supported! A

• Pink Socks Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 11, 2010
    7. Apr 15, 2012 6:48 PM (in response to Guest )

Enjoyed it very much.  Very well organized and aid stations were very frequent.  Beautiful course.  Great inaugural event.

• Stacey123 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 10, 2008
    8. Apr 18, 2012 5:56 AM (in response to Guest )

I greatly enjoyed this event. The course was beautiful.  I enjoyed the boat park, downtown, neighborhoods, and college campus. The miles were well marked, and there were plenty of fluid stations and volunteers on the course. I ran the 1/2, and my daughter participated in the relay.  She was the "2nd leg" of her team, and I felt uncomfortable leaving her at the midway point of the race.  It was dark, and there weren't many people around when we went to drop her out.  Fortunately, we did have an extra car she could sit in and wait for her partner to get there; otherwise, she would have been sitting on the side of the road in the dark.  Perhaps, a shuttle to transport the runners back and forth would be beneficial.  Because, her partner would have had to walk back to the start line had we not had the extra car.  Also, if we had not had a GPS, I don't know that we would have found the midpoint because we were from out of town and not familiar with the area.  I was also disappointed in the awards.  My daughter and her partner were overall winners for the relay.  We waited  2 hours for their awards, and they still did not get it.  I thought with the chip timing it would have been quicker and more efficient.  That being said, our overall experience was positive, and I will definitely run the race again. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...