Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

617 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 6:45 PM by jkstevens21
jkstevens21 Amateur 8 posts since
May 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Anyone going to the Boston Marathon as a spectator?

In talking with the woman that I am dating, I mentioned taking tomorrow off and going down to the marathon to hang out and have a good day. So we're headed down tomorrow morning with pretty much no idea what we are doing or what to expect. Anyone have any observations/must-sees/things to avoid/etc.? Anything at all that might help would be greatly appreciated, from traffic advice, to which T-lines to avoid, to the bars and restaurants that are a must alonmg the route. Thanks in advice, guys.

- Jeff

• Debm2011 Legend 361 posts since
    Jun 12, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 16, 2012 11:24 AM (in response to jkstevens21)
    Anyone going to the Boston Marathon as a spectator?

How was it in person?  Where were you standing? Now that you've done it, what would you recommend? I watched the start on tv and some on my computer (I hate when I have to spend a few hours in the office on a holiday).  Someday I am going to watch in person.  I hope you had fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points