Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1889 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2007 5:20 PM by runwun
Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
Nov 26, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 24, 2007 12:48 PM

40/40 for week ending 12/30

Tally for week ending 12/23/07

Soundrunner - 58.4 Yowza! Taper time.

Twocat - 54.56 West Indies start to the week

Canfit - 50 First 50 in a while - woo hoo!

CNYrunner - 49.15 Nice tempo running

Holly - 46.2 Enjoying some core workouts from Exercise TV

Way5yom - 46 Impressive training

Pfriese - 40.5 You made it!

Ilene - 40 Super ab work

Breger - 35.10 Like many, holiday traveling

Fortunate Son - 35 Reverse Taper

Evenflein - 33.35 Changing her week to be with us

Dark Horse - Eye candy only - mileage may vary

Tetsujin - Tapering till summer Bringing his abundance of joy

If I missed you or got your total wrong, just let me know.

I'm moving the 40/40 thread to the Masters forum at runningahead.com.  I hope you will join me there.

http://runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum

• Doctor Wu Rookie 36 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    1. Dec 24, 2007 3:31 PM (in response to Holly S.)
    Re: 40/40 for week ending 12/30
    Holly S. wrote:

I'm moving the 40/40 thread to the Masters forum at runningahead.com.  I hope you will join me there.

So you're abandoning this forum and taking your 40/40 thread with you, eh? 

• JPGarland Legend 776 posts since
    Dec 7, 2007
    2. Dec 24, 2007 3:47 PM (in response to Holly S.)

I only got about 36 in last week because I missed two days and had some snow/ice issues.  But I'll try to start this thread on CoolRunning going forward, for newcomers and those who haven't abandoned the site.

• JPGarland Legend 776 posts since
    Dec 7, 2007
    4. Dec 29, 2007 3:02 PM (in response to Holly S.)

I don't know how this thing works.  I saw references to DoctorWu bailing and then Holly S. started this one and said she was going to the other site (as with an actor's The Scottish Play, this is how I'll refer to it), where there's a 40/40 thread.  I don't know Wu (Who's Wu?) and it turns out that I replied to a post by Holly S. about having to pee during a marathon (well, actually, the thread was about stopping during a marathon and only when I went to post because I had stopped since I was real tired did I learn that Holly was talking about stopping to pee).  But in an effort to keep CoolRunning alive, I chimed in to say I would post here with the 40/40 thread.  My chief thread is in fact the only Boomer thread -- 50+ -- that is vibrant.  (Numerous Newbie threads are going strong as well.)  But with Dave C. of CoolRunning posting an update on fixes being performed since the transition and one of the core 50+ folks saying he's staying, there may be hope left.  In fact, I think the log-in issue is much improved just since this morning.

Back to the topic at hand.  I was able to get in 49 or so this week, most in quite a while:

• Sunday:  After Friday's and Saturday's fast runs, took it easy and got 6.22 in a light rain, in just over 40;

• Monday: Christmas Eve. Nice weather, up the Parkway path, 7.22 miles in 53.

• Tuesday: Christmas.  Head to the track.  Warm enough for shorts and t-shirt.  20 minute tempo; 5600m.  6.5 with wu/cd (and strides).

• Wednesday: Ready to go but a hard, cold rain made this the day I took off for the week.

• Thursday: Take it easy is the mantra.  So 7 at 51:55.  Ended up getting lost a mile from where I grew up but did run up a killer hill past my childhood house, and the hill I credit with making me a very good uphill runner!

• Friday: Things quiet at the office.  Put on shorts and a shirt and headed to Central Park.  Lap plus a lower loop.  That's 8+ in 56:21, plus a mile w/u and a mile c/d on Fifth Avenue.

• Saturday: Easy again. Had to turn back at flooded bridge.  Got in 12 miles at 1:26:30.  One mile slower than last week, but perfect in terms of training for November's race.

• runwun Legend 352 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Dec 31, 2007 5:20 PM (in response to JPGarland)

Great weeks everyone....... geting the milege up this week.....all runs on the TM

Sun. 13 first 12 miles @ 7:30 pace and last mile was 6:00

Mon.13 first 6.5 miles @ 7:30 pace and last 6.5 miles 6:39 pace.

Tues. 13 all @ 7:30 pace

Wed. 13 first 9 miles @ 7:30 pace next 2 @ 6:39 pace and last 2 miles @ 6:00 min pace.

Thur. 10 first 9 miles @ 7:30 pace and last mile was 5:27

Fri. 13 all @ 7:30 pace.

Sat. 15 first 10 miles @ 7:30 pace last 5 miles @ 6:39 pace

90 Miles for the week.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...