Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8129 Views 174 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2004 5:57 PM by Margaret Robinson RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Previous Next
  • coolrunnergirl4 Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 2, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Feb 6, 2003 9:43 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

I agree...track sucks! I only do it for cross country too.

----

"Everyone can work hard when they want to but champions do it when they don't"

"If you train hard there are no guarantees. If you don't train hard you are guaranteed to lose."

"Somewhere there is somebody out there who is training when you aren't and when you race him; he will win."

• swedechick Legend 1,194 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. Feb 7, 2003 7:57 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by bgawwwwwcK:

track sucks, it really does. i only run it for xc.

mm-hm. me too. actually i really liked it this yr but i had to drop out of the mile b/c i was no completely recovered from running a hard 3000. i think track sucks simply b/c you need speed,speed, speed which not all ppl have and you have to have a coach or someone pacing you and telling you you are being too slow. in xc all you have to do is do alot of distance.

----

Tasha

who is this weirdo?[/URL" target="_blank">

Dec 14, 2007
    20. Feb 7, 2003 7:59 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by sparks77:

Whoopie running indoors you can suck it up. I know these are all your own opinions but hey, i'd almost bet that your xc times would be a lot better if you put everything into a track season, i got my 2mile down from 12:30, to 11:29 so come on give it a chance

yeah, the laps go by so fast b/c they are so short. that is the only thing that makes a 2 mile in indoors endurable if at all.

Dec 14, 2007
    21. Feb 7, 2003 8:00 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by RoyalRunner:

You'll have more experiance and speed in you.

that is basically why i do track, jsut to build speed.

Dec 14, 2007
    22. Feb 7, 2003 8:04 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by icas:

oh no... a mental challenge... god forbid that such a thing would ever to happen

yes, some cannot handle this challenge of running monotonous laps around a track 8 times and even more  in times in indoors when all they do all winter is jog several laps around a set of bleachers. i swear i am slower after a week of that than i was before i start that in the offseason. and then not really getting much long distance endurance back b/c all you ever do is focus on leg speed when once you get back to running on a track. that is the differance between track and xc.

• Cully092 Legend 373 posts since
    Jul 4, 2002
    23. Feb 7, 2003 8:12 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by ben mackinney:

maybe if you guys had some jets you wouldn't hate it so much. speed kills, all of those who dont have it

I noticed when I was doing a six mile run a month ago, my 5th mile was my fastest. I am better in longer distances.

----

Cully[/URL" target="_blank">

• royalrunner Amateur 28 posts since
    Jun 22, 2007
    29. Feb 7, 2003 10:23 PM (in response to Guest )

long distance people---
    first ones out, last ones in

1 2 3 4 ... 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...