Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8132 Views 174 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2004 5:57 PM by Margaret Robinson RSS Go to original post 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next
  • MelMarie101 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 12, 2003
    Currently Being Moderated
    165. Mar 16, 2003 8:36 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

I love track!!!!!  I think it is just as fun as xc. 
    I think that the people who belong to xc and track teams are the best kind of people. It seems like they are the ones who stay out of trouble and make decent grades. The people who are friendly. We all have something in common- the feelings that come w/ running- accomplishment, competition, and pain! I can't think of any others at the moment.
    I love you runners. I have much respect for you.
    Have a great season!!

• Cully092 Legend 373 posts since
    Jul 4, 2002
  • sportzfreek Pro 105 posts since
    Aug 11, 2004
    169. Aug 13, 2004 5:26 PM (in response to Guest )

Man, I love track!  I liked it more than the basketball and volleyball team.  A good thing about running in short circles is lapping people!

• Margaret Robinson Amateur 14 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    172. Aug 19, 2004 4:40 PM (in response to Guest )

Track is boring going around 'n around and it gets your shoes all dirty! 
    I don't like TMs either.  Give me XC or running in my neighborhood any day and I'll take it! 

• Margaret Robinson Amateur 14 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    174. Aug 20, 2004 5:57 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by trakstar327:

ok well first of all track is da bomb ok. all u guys that hate it are probably distance runners and arent fast enough to run shorter races. So go ahead and keep whining. I run track and am ranked 8th in my county for the 400 and am moving to the 800. I run XC and I love that 2. Sure im not as fast there but track is still at least more interesting. so all im sayin is dont be hatin on track just becus u rnt fast.
    Thanx!
    God Bless!

I'm not that fast, trakstar327.  Congrats on your fast times,  I'm envious!  I'm just so accustomed to running in my neighborhood that running on track feels unnatural to me and I don't like having to stay within lines.  I find non-track running more interesting but that's my personal opinion and choice.  To each his or her own.  

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...