Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8750 Views 174 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2004 5:57 PM by Margaret Robinson RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Previous Next
  • swedechick Legend 1,194 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Dec 24, 2007 12:54 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    i don't understand the team bond thing. all everyone on my team does is get catty and b^^^^ about each other. besides i was told to stay away from them at meets b/c all they ever do is goof around and pretend the track meet is a fashion show. i remember my freshman yr the girls were plucking each other's eyebrows on the bleachers at this big college-hosted meet we went to.

    ----



    Tasha

    who is this weirdo?[/URL" target="_blank">

    [http://This message has been edited by swedechick (edited Feb-07-2003).|http://This message has been edited by swedechick (edited Feb-07-2003).]

  • royalrunner Amateur 28 posts since
    Jun 22, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    31. Feb 8, 2003 7:32 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    quote:


    Originally posted by swedechick:

    i don't understand the team bond thing. all everyone on my team does is get catty and b^^^^ about each other. besides i was told to stay away from them at meets b/c all they ever do is goof around and pretend the track meet is a fashion show. i remember my freshman yr the girls were plucking each other's eyebrows on the bleachers at this big college-hosted meet we went to.


     



    i thought i had already explained the whole team thing to you. perhaps you would like me to remind you??

  • swedechick Legend 1,194 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    33. Feb 8, 2003 10:16 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    quote:


    Originally posted by RoyalRunner:

    i thought i had already explained the whole team thing to you. perhaps you would like me to remind you??


     



    it's just still beyond me how you get ppl like that. where are these ppl hiding out in my area. i have seen it on other teams at meets but ny team has no spirit. what is the deal, are they just a bunch of inner-city trash? i remember it has been worse in the past yrs b/c everyone hated each other but it seems like everyone who goes to my school gets the JMHS(school initials) Sydrome. b/c it seems like if they go to my school, they get like that.
    where do you get ppl who like each other and have any will?

  • royalrunner Amateur 28 posts since
    Jun 22, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    34. Feb 8, 2003 10:51 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    hmm.  good question. Well first of all, you have to be good friends with everyone.  You cant have team spirit without being friends first, because obviously there has to be chemistry between everybody.  but besides that, you really just have to have girls that have passion for what they are doing.  We all love to run, race, and compete.  Its hard to motivate each other in the winter to run because people tend to get the running blahs, but during the season, mostly everyone is motivated.       
         however, i hate to say it, but team spirit and motivation also comes with success.  I bet if your teammates had a taste of success as a team or inidividual, they would be much more excited and motivated.

  • Skittles__2 Amateur 22 posts since
    Jun 13, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    38. Feb 8, 2003 3:44 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    i might like track more if my school, and every school in my city (but not my league) had dirt tracks...and as the schedule is now, 6 of our 8 meets are on dirt tracks....but it is running, so i'll sacrifice

    ----



    -Sky[/URL" target="_blank">
    Other Forums: SkittlesXC on DyeStat, XCMonarch on Runners World

  • wegs089 Amateur 18 posts since
    Jun 19, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    40. Feb 9, 2003 12:24 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    Yea, throw in a light drizzle, and a ton of people on the track, and you could recreate those wonderful cross country meets where everyone is sliding and tripping and falling instead of actually running.... Ahh, i live for those meets, they're just so dang funny!

  • swedechick Legend 1,194 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    42. Feb 9, 2003 4:07 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    quote:


    Originally posted by RoyalRunner:

    hmm. good question. Well first of all, you have to be good friends with everyone. You cant have team spirit without being friends first, because obviously there has to be chemistry between everybody. but besides that, you really just have to have girls that have passion for what they are doing. We all love to run, race, and compete. Its hard to motivate each other in the winter to run because people tend to get the running blahs, but during the season, mostly everyone is motivated.
    however, i hate to say it, but team spirit and motivation also comes with success. I bet if your teammates had a taste of success as a team or inidividual, they would be much more excited and motivated.


     



    i am friends w/ the whole team but that still doesnt make them want to run. being their friend will not do that. all they will do is sit and watch you run hard and say "duh, she sure likes to run". we were pretty good last yr. we won conferance by 5 points over our rival school that has always beaten us at every other meet and that school ended up getting runner-up at states by one point...and we beat them at conferance. we also beat the school that was runner up at states the yr before, at an invitational meet. we also got 2nd at regionals. every yr all of the relays qualify for states and we also get some individual qualifiers (besides me and the shot putters) so i don't think team success is a factor.
    i think they are just not encouraged by their families and stuff. i think parent encouragement is a big facotr. most kids on the teams have family issues. we have had a couple of girls in fact that have had to move out of the state to stay w/ other relatives b/c their family life got so bad and another girl's parents said that if she wasn't back from a meet at a certain time, she wouldn't be alllowed to run track and xc again.
    i think they think they don't have to put any effort into anything they don't have to put effort into. in the past yrs my coach tried to motivate them and they still were unmotivated. but it isn't like they haven't noticed me. if they don't see me running, they're like "why aint you working out today?".


    ----



    Tasha

    who is this weirdo?[/URL" target="_blank">

  • swedechick Legend 1,194 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    43. Feb 9, 2003 4:10 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: track sucks

    quote:


    Originally posted by RunnerBabe05:


    2:10 in the 800 this year, baby!   Watch me...




    i'll be just a second behind you...wanna race?

    my goals are 2:11 and 57...if i get fast enough. i wish my main events could be just the 4 and the 8.

    what are your prs for the 400 and the 800. and what have you run so far this indoor season? i have only gotten a 2:29 but i think i've gotten better since then since i have been training w/ another team once or twice a week.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Previous Next

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...