Laura Hopson Rookie 3 posts since
May 22, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 22, 2012 8:40 AM

Private Softball Lessons/Instruction

Laura Roberts Hopson

Private Softball Instructor

larla314@hotmail.com

I am currently providing fastpitch softball instruction to ages 7 & up for beginners, intermediate & advanced level players. The comprehensive one-on-one & small group skill work is available for hitting, pitching, catching, fielding, speed & agility training. The indoor facility I use to train my athletes is located in Johnson City, TN. My lesson fees are $25/30 min, $40/45 min & $50/60 min. Please contact me if you are interested or need any further information.

Coaching Pic 3-13-2007 2-42-03 PM.jpg

Laura Roberts Hopson's Bio

After being a successful player at the collegiate level, Laura Roberts Hopson turned her skills to the job of the Lady Bucs’ hitting coach during their 2006-2010 seasons.

Hopson made huge strides in the Lady Bucs offense during her first two years at ETSU. During the 2006 season, ETSU’s hitters set a new school record with 39 home runs and their.370 slugging percentage was the second highest in the program’s history.

Hopson also helped guide Stephanie Gaynord to Buc single-season records in home runs (11) and slugging percentage (.593), while also posting a .313 batting average, which was the fourth best in ETSU history at that time. Stephanie continues to hold two of the single-season hitting records for the most home runs hit and highest slugging percentage. In addition to the individual accomplishments, Jessie Hackworth tied the school record with 36 RBIs that year.

The following year in 2007 some of those stellar marks did not last very long as Hopson guided the Lady Bucs to their best offensive season in program history. Early in their 2007 season, freshman Katy Jett drove 2 back-to-back out of the park home runs off of the world renowned Monica Abbot in their game against the University of Tennessee. Hackworth’s RBI mark was broken by teammate Amanda Haverman, as she drove in 37 a year ago. After posting the new school record in slugging percentage in 2006, Gaynord followed it up with the second high mark in 2007 (.589). During their 18 conference games, ETSU led the Atlantic Sun conference in every offensive statistical category in 2008.

Throughout Hopson’s coaching career at ETSU, the Lady Bucs offense set and still holds school records in batting average (.280), runs (247), home runs (39), RBI’s (213), slugging percentage (.401), on-base percentage (.340), and sacrifice hits (61).

Hopson also served as an assistant for the Mississippi Eclipse 16-and-under fast-pitch softball team from October 2004 to August 2005. While she was on staff, the Eclipse played to an ASA State Championship, while accumulating an impressive 41-7-2 mark.

Hopson was one of the first ETSU Lady Bucs Softball Signees in 2000. She continued her athletic career at Belhaven College where Hopson was named to the All-Gulf Coast Athletic Conference team in both 2004 and 2005. During her senior season in2005, Hopson led the Blazers in hitting, posting a .336 average in 140 at bats.

A talented local product, Hopson was a Class AAA All-State and All-Northeast Tennessee selection in 2000, playing for Dobyns-Bennett. She helped her team to a District 1-AAA title during the same season, on her way to being named MVP of the District 1 Tournament. She was also selected to the District 1-AAA All Conference and All Tournament Teams.

Hopson was also a member of the East Tennessee Stingrays 18-and-under team during her prep career. The Stingrays were state runners-up in 1997, finished fourth in the nation at the USSSA World Championship and won the Tennessee B Division state title in 1998.

Laura Hopson

><>Phil 3:14<><

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...