This program is designed to include strength and conditioning and sport specific softball drills.
The sessions will be split so that half of the session is dedicated to conditioning and strength training and half of the session focused on hitting and fielding drills, with some overlap and combination of the two.
Strength and Conditioning:
· Dynamic warm-up—which incorporates active and ballistic stretching and whole body exercises
· Plyometrics—which will include exercises such as box jumps, jump squats, ice skaters, etc.
· Ladder drills—which will include various footwork patterns that include forward and lateral movement
· Hurdles—which are meant to produce quickness and explosiveness and improve agility
· Cone drills—which will focus on speed and quickness, change of direction, reaction time, and running mechanics
· Strength and core training—which will mostly be centered around body-weight exercises as well as circuit training, providing a full-body workout
There will be some sport-specific training incorporated into the conditioning; some of the ladder, reaction, balance, and cone drills will include catching, throwing, and fielding as well.
Softball Hitting and Fielding:
· Tee drills, soft toss, machine, and live hitting for developing consistency, power & placement
· Age-appropriate and position-specific fielding drills including the proper mechanics and
· Drills aimed at honing reaction time and quickness
ACTIVE is the leader in online event registrations from 5k running races and marathons to softball leagues and local events. ACTIVE also makes it easy to learn and prepare for all the things you love to do with expert resources, training plans and fitness calculators.