Skip navigation

1140 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2012 9:23 PM by protometal
protometal Pro 124 posts since
Aug 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 2, 2012 12:11 PM

Light shoes for "support" shoes runner.

I currently run in Brooks Adrenaline 11s (and am starting to break in a pair of 12s). They are support shoes and I like them very much. They are comfortable and, since I started wearing them, the knee area pain I had before, when I was wearing "normal" shoes, is gone. While they are great, and I will continue to wear them, they are on the heavy side. It never really bothered me until I started to do some work on the track, where the heft of the shoe became more noticable.

My question is: What are good shoe choices for someone who prefers a support shoe, but would like a lighter shoe as well? Any insight is appreciated!

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"-- Henry Ford

Upcoming races: Super 5k 2/3/13

Select Recent Results: Brooksie Way Half Marathon - 1:49:09 (Half Marathon PR), Open Door Julie Run 5k - 22:16 (2nd place age group, PR)

Check out my Running Blog: .

• crl8686 Legend 1,313 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 2, 2012 6:02 PM (in response to protometal)
    Light shoes for "support" shoes runner.

The American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine has published a list of stability shoes (of which the Brooks Adrenaline is one) that includes a subset of lightweight stability models. Go to   and scan down to "Stability Shoes". The models marked with asterisks are lightweight. (The Adrenaline, per the list, is not considered lightweight).

2015 highlights...

@ 5K: New Balance Palm Springs 5K, Palm Springs, CA, 24:32

Angels Baseball Foundation 5K, Anaheim, CA, 24:24

Pride of the Valley, Baldwin Park, CA, 24:28

@ 10K: LA Chinatown Firecracker 10K, Los Angeles, CA, 52:15

Great Race of Agoura - Old Agoura 10K, Agoura Hills, CA, 51:40

Fiesta Days Run, La Canada, CA, 49:57

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points