Skip navigation

700 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 3:38 PM by Happy1356 RSS
Happy1356 Rookie 2 posts since
Jan 4, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 6, 2012 3:38 PM

Help!  Cervical and Spinal stenosis!  Stop running?

Hello everyone,

I just got diagnosed with Cervical and Spinal Stenosis . am devastated!  Running is my passion.  On April 29 I ran my first half-marathon and I loved it!  I have been running for the past 2 yrs for 4-6 days a week.  I've always had neck pain and been having hip pain but I've learned to live with it.

2 weeks before the half- marathon both my left leg and arm become numb.  So I see an Orthopedic doc for the spine .  He orders MRI's and finds this.  He says running won't progress the disease and that it has been accrued over time.  He puts me on 2 courses of steroids orders Physical Threapy and tells me he'll see me in 2 months.   I decide to get a second opinion because it is now on both arms and legs and I am getting electrical shots through my limbs.  Yesteday , this Doc said to STOP running!  Do you have any feedback or have experienced this ?  I don't know who to listen to .  They both agree I will need surgery in the future because the lumbar is moderate -severe.  Thank you in advance for any feedback or opinions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points