Skip navigation

1333 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 10:54 AM by 2PR RSS
Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
Feb 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2012 12:05 PM

What Makes Me A Good Basketball Player

I've coached a lot of kids, and I see where kids have the wrong approach to the game. Let me explain.

If you spend a lot of time working on a " sick " crossover move, I think that's great! The more you practice a move, the better it becomes, and the more effective you are as an offensive player.

The problem arises when you spend ALL your time on your sick crossover move. Why? Because you're not a good basketball player if you can do a crossover move. You're a good basketball player if you can shoot, you can dribble, you can pass, you can play defense, you can rebound, you can set screens, you make great decisions on the court, you have a strong basketball IQ, you have a great attitude, and you work hard.

Now, this is a lot. That's why I say, work on your " sick " crossover moves, but work just as hard on ALL the other aspects of the game. Your goal should be not to have any weaknesses. If you work on mastering the block out, for example, then you will be a tremendous rebounder. All these things make you a much stronger and more valuable player.

Trust me........I'd much rather have an all-around player who does everything well and has no crossover move, than a player that concentrates solely on breaking ankles.

Good luck!

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Attachments:

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...