Skip navigation

895 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 11:11 AM by Rebound23 RSS
NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
Apr 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 19, 2012 7:12 AM

how to gain confidence

my dad told me that the most important thing in basketball and what seperates the good from the greats is confidence. i am really good when im playing bball against my dad in my drive way but once i get on a real court with all my friends im not that good and dont have as much confidence in myself and start missing shots id usually make in my driveway. any tips on how to gain confidence? thanks

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 19, 2012 11:11 AM (in response to NextCP3)
    how to gain confidence

Your Dad is smart. You've got to be fearless. You've got to think of yourself as the best out there and that every single shot you take is going to go in. Don't take this the wrong way and get cocky though! If there's a team mate with a better scoring opprotunity than you, pass it! Although if you miss a shot just blow it off and make sure the next one goes in. You've got to have no doubt in yourself. Think of all the positive and forget all the negative. You have to optimistic! If you're worried about your teammates thinking of you as a ball hog don't worry! Ball hogs take impossible shots when he could have easily passed it. As long as you choose the best option and play your hardest no one can judge you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points