Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1896 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2012 7:33 AM by Frank_B
NNLL Rookie 1 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2012 9:48 AM

Youth All Star Tournaments- July Dates, Several Age Groups

North Newark Little League in Newark, OH will be hosting All-Star Tournaments in the month of July.

The dates and age groups are as follows:

8U (Pitchinig Machine)- July 6-8

12U- July 13-15

10U- July 20-22

The tournament format will be determined based upon the number of teams entered, but 3 games are guaranteed. The cost of the tournament is $125, for additional information or to register a team please send 

an email to northnewark1@yahoo.com

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 28, 2012 6:02 AM (in response to NNLL)
    Youth All Star Tournaments- July Dates, Several Age Groups

I'm confused, "The Tournament" (LL All Stars) is going on in June and July.

Also, LL normally doesn't use terms like 8U, 10U or 12U.

Is this a Williamsport (LL) Sanctioned Tournament, say for example, a Special Games Tournament?

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007

Rest your "confusion" Lou. Your "feelings" are confirmed!

The OP's "Little League" is definitely not a chartered LL Inc., entity.  A quick google search of all Ohio LL districts #1 thru #11, absent #6---shows no league named as "North Newark"

A look at their board titles,  tournament rules, and other documents, etc. shows no resemblence to LL Inc.

Brings to mind Cambridge, Massachusettts---a city you are familiar with.

Not a chartered LL entity, yet they, and the local media over there, refer to their youth league as "little league."

Frank! 

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007

Frank, as you know I grew up in Framingham.

Played "Little League" there but as it turned out it was NOT a Chartered Little League it was just what the town called it !!!

When I grew up there they also had "Little League" Football, Basketball and Hockey !!!

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007

You can add soccer to that list Lou.

Our granddaughter  (family lives and owns home in Framingham) plays soccer there.

I believe she attends school and plays on rec areas built by your father's construction company.

My city, Somerville, as you know is contiquous to Cambridge---and over the years Somerville LL has signed up kids from Cambridge via approved LL out of boundary protocol. The additional travel for Cambridge kids/parents being minimal.

Odd thing about most of those kids, the initiative for wanting to play LL Inc. came from their parents, and the kids themselves; as opposed to Somervile LL Inc. people (actively seeking them out.

Might say, why not LL Inc. affiliated persons making an effort to "convert" Cambridge to LL Inc.----but there still exists a "hard-core" nucleus of persons over there opposed.

Sad story in that regard.

A young player over there, if memory serves was 11 years old, was molested and killed by two young "punks"---several years ago.

Jeffrey was waked and buried in his uniform and baseball bat---played up big time as a Little League player in the local media, complete with pictures supplied by Jeffrey's family, with Jeffrey alive and well, in uniform swinging a bat, etc.

My DA at that time, had a "thought" to contact the media over there with the objective of their printing a "correction" ---in so many words, to the fact that Jeffrey and youth baseball in Cambridge were in no way connected to LL Inc.

I, told my DA, "no way should he do that"---particularly under the circumstances involving Jeffrey.

"let it go, no harm no foul"---I said!

Thank God he listened to me.

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...