Skip navigation

1194 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 2:52 PM by coachreid3 RSS
Mike_CVUA Legend 593 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 24, 2012 8:18 AM

Helmet Stickers (LL Rules)

Our League just sent out copies of essentially authoritative letters from Easton and Rawlings saying that small stickers on LL helmets are OK in some circumstances.

"The application of small pressure sensitive decals to the outside or exterior part of the helmet will not negatively affect the imntegrity or protection of the helmet.  The decals are not to exceed 20% of the helmet surface area"  -- So says Easton.   Rawlings essentially says the same.

The context is putting team logos or a player's number on his own headgear.  [Paint is still a no-no!]

I have not seen anything from Wilson yet.  (And they produce a lot of LL helmets used in the LLWS.)

In the context of Rule 1.16, I guess this publication should be adequate to cover the LL program (as an authoritative manufacturer or dealer of the helmet).  And this also (thankfully!) is consistent with common sense.

I guess when you do an equipment check, are you going to focus in on modified Wilson helmets only?  For that matter, has anyone seen any guidance from Little League specifically (other than the substance of Rule 1.16)?

Anyone seen or heard any other guidance?

Have a fun LLWS!  Let the games begin (if they haven't already!)

Mike CVUA

• coachreid3 Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 12, 2011
    1. Sep 6, 2012 8:49 AM (in response to Mike_CVUA)

Hi Mike,

Where did you request the information from? I have been looking for the sameletters from the manufacturers because we have some umps in our district thatdo not allow a number or a name small on the helmet without the letter from themanufacturer saying it’s okay. I am specifically looking for Rawlings at thispoint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reid

• coachreid3 Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 12, 2011
    3. Sep 19, 2012 2:52 PM (in response to Mike_CVUA)

Thank for the response Mike, I thought I responded before,but i just wanted to thank you. I have a family sign business that has been around for over 20 years and a far as we know, are vinyl material is pressuresensitive. It is essentially the same thing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...