Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3887 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 6:31 AM by mb923 Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • H3ath3rSw@n Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 9, 2012 7:51 PM (in response to gunnermccaw)
    Middle aged mom Newbie. Can I do this??

You got me thinking... TexasPumpkin is definitely right.  Here's a resource to check out - http://running.about.com/od/howtorun/tp/runningform.htm

Heather

Mom of 4

Goal: Lose 40 pounds of baby weight. Much harder in my mid-30's than my early 20's when my first was born.

• Kristy Burleyson Pro 62 posts since
    Oct 18, 2010
    16. Jul 10, 2012 2:29 AM (in response to bren92)

I was 54 when I started C25K, having NEVER run in my entire life.  I couldn't run and entire minute when I started and it took me more than a week to do most of the weeks.  Today, I run 3 miles 3X/week, do high impact Zumba 2X/week and strength train 3X/week.  It has taken me 1 1/2 years to get here with steady work but it has been SO worth it.  Do not give up.  Right now you will see the most improvement you will ever see.  It's hard.  It's challenging.  Be sure to rest between running days.  I pushed too hard and ended up with bursitis in my knee.  Talk about painful!  You are doing the right thing!!!!  Good luck

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. Jul 10, 2012 6:31 AM (in response to bren92)

Forty years old here with three kids.  I am about twenty pounds overweight.  I started the program in June and yesterday I ran the first mile of my life.  I haven't lost a pound but I'm not too concerned with that yet.  I am doing the program with my ten year old daughter.  Sometimes that makes it harder (finding time we're both available, dealing with her ten year old moods) but for the most part, it's very motivating.  I know if I quit, she's done too.  This is at least the third time I've started the program but it's the furthest I've ever gotten.  I feel great.  You can definitely do it.  Everytime I know I have to run a longer interval, I'm worried I won't be able to do it.  It's not always pretty but we almost always finish it.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points