Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

644 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 6:15 PM by usnavy233 RSS
usnavy233 Rookie 7 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 28, 2012 6:15 PM

Melaleuca Athlete Nick Symmonds Going to the Olympics Again!

OK, I'll admit it, I've got a bit of a man crush here. Maybe it's the fact that we're both avid Melaleuca lovers. Maybe it's his ridiculous speed. Either way, this is a great article to read!

www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/Content.aspx?Page=Melaleuca_Athlete_Nick_Symmonds&cm_re=20120627-_-splash-_-Melaleuca_Athlete_Nick_Symmonds

Melaleuca athlete Nick Symmonds sailed past the competition at the U.S. Olympic trials  held at "Track Town USA" Eugene Ore. June 25, winning the men's 800-meter race. The 28-year-old ran the fastest time ever recorded by an American at Hayward Field in the 800-meter, earning a coveted spot on the 2012 U.S. Olympic team for the second consecutive time.

Once you're an Olympian, you're always an Olympian and so, coming into this, I said you know, heaven forbid something happens and I get tripped, you can't take that away from me," Nick said. "I'm always going to be an Olympian. But with that being said, that bitter taste in my mouth of '08 of not making the finals has stuck with me for 4 years and there's only one way to erase that and that's to go out to London and win a medal."

Nick, a 5-time U.S. champion and 2-time Olympian, has been part of the Melaleuca family since 2007 and is an avid fan of Melaleuca's products.

"I eat an Access Bar in the morning before I run because I can't eat a full meal," Nick says, "And I go through two sets of running clothing a day, so I use a ton of MelaPower."

Nick's focus and passion for the 800-meter have taken him around the globe to compete at the highest levels.

"That's the one thing about the men's 800-meter," Nick said shortly after the race. "Anything can happen—I just have to take one race at a time. When the crowd screams when they announce my name, I get shivers down my spine."

For more information about Nick and to follow his Olympic journey visit www.nicksymmonds.com.

If you want to know more about the Melaleuca products he uses, let me know. I can tell you all about them.

"He is best; who is trained in the severest school."

- General Thucydides, 424BC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...