Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

21412 Views 146 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 8:04 PM by LoriJeanMiller 1 2 3 ... 10 Previous Next
1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
Dec 17, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 2, 2012 10:23 AM

C25K - July

Hi New Runners,

Everyone is welcome to join our newbie groups. 

1. What Week/Day are you on?

2. How do you feel?

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

• H3ath3rSw@n Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    2. Jul 2, 2012 12:38 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? I started yesterday. So week 1, rest day today

2. How do you feel? I feel great.  It's good to get back after a three year pregnancy break.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope, used the treadmill since it was storming.  Could have upped the walking pace but didn't want to push it too hard, plus I always have trouble with one knee when using the treadmill.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Not yet.

Heather

Mom of 4

Goal: Lose 40 pounds of baby weight. Much harder in my mid-30's than my early 20's when my first was born.

• ani4life Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 4, 2012
    3. Jul 4, 2012 2:37 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hi everyone!  I'm seriously considering starting with a friend of mine from work this coming Monday...I am SUPER scared because I've never been a distance runner.  Also, we are starting at 6 AM and I am SO not a morning person...but I know I will feel so much better!  I go to the gym a few times per week and I do zumba so I'm hoping that will help my endurance.  Any advice/support will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance. 

Jul 4, 2012
    5. Jul 4, 2012 8:08 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Thank you so much!!!  I am really looking forward to it...I was telling my friends on facebook and myfitnesspal that my final excuse was my running shoes.  I just bought them in January and I don't have the money to buy more right now--so I decided to look for reviews.  I found HUNDREDS of reviews from seasoned runners and newbies who said that they are the best running shoes they've ever had and raved about them endlessly!  The only bad reviews were ones complaining about the price.  So I'm sold!  Thanks so much for your encouragement.  I will need more, I'm certain! 

Happy 4th, everyone!!!

• Juliette71 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 4, 2012
    6. Jul 4, 2012 9:12 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hello!!!

I am on W1 D1....and haven't started yet. Ready to go...just haven't put my shoes on .

I'm looking for other newbies to connect with via email. Can't wait to get lean and be able

to wear anything without worrying about bulges everywhere.

Do you have great workout music? Please share!

Love, Juliette

Jul 4, 2012
    7. Jul 4, 2012 9:49 AM (in response to Juliette71)
    C25K - July

Hey, Juliette...I'm Candi!  I am looking forward to starting on Monday!  I know EXACTLY what you mean about the leaning and bulging.    I will be more than happy to connect with you.  I need all the support I can get!  I have lots of great workout music, but most of mine is high energy electronic music that keeps me motivated while I'm doing cardio and weight training.  Me and my friends use Dropbox and have a workout music folder.  What genres do you like?

• H3ath3rSw@n Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    8. Jul 5, 2012 7:37 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hi!  It went great.  Stuck with the treadmill for day 2 and day 3 (today).  It's still very hot outside.  Heat index near 120 today.  I don't care for anything over 80 anyway.

For music, so far the music stations are the TV are enough but once I get outside I'll need something more specific to help me keep pace.  DH will have some ideas, I'm sure.

Keep posting your progress, girls!  We can do it!!!!

Heather

Mom of 4

Goal: Lose 40 pounds of baby weight. Much harder in my mid-30's than my early 20's when my first was born.

• txbbker Amateur 19 posts since
    Jul 2, 2012
    9. Jul 5, 2012 8:34 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Starting today...as soon as the treadmill is put together. Luckily, that is a workout in itself. It's just too hot to run outside. Can't wait to get started!

• audiorunner Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 3, 2012
    10. Jul 5, 2012 10:41 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hello Everyone!

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D2, yesterday was a rest day

2. How do you feel? After finishing W1D1, I felt great!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Tonight will be my next run, I'm hoping for a faster average, I am going to push for a quicker walking interval

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? No physical change, but mentally I feel better already!

This is my first time doing C25K and am very excited! I have a friend who is on Week 4, and she has loved it. Since graduating college a few years ago, I have struggled with being healthy and physically fit. I think this program is a great fit for me to help acheive my fitness goals! I hope to continue to post my progress and find motivation through everyone else's success as well!

• rlrideoutjr Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    11. Jul 5, 2012 5:16 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1 D1

2. How do you feel? I feel pretty good.  Thighs are a little sore but all in all doing good so far.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just starting out

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Just a little more confidence.

This is my first C25K.  My goal is to be running 10Ks by January of 2013.  I am going to do light weight workouts on off days.  Hopefully with this and a good diet I will get some of this 220 lbs off of me. 

• rlrideoutjr Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    12. Jul 5, 2012 5:25 PM (in response to ani4life)
    C25K - July

This is a great thing that you are doing and you cant forget that.  Try to keep it in mind how good it will feel to be able to run a whole race without stopping!  Also, think of this, you dont have to break any land speed records.  The goal is to finish the race!  Be proud of every accomplishment and make sure you remind yourself of them.  21 years ago, my track coach told me these bits of advice and I have started using them again.  I started walking 5 miles a day to build up a little endurance and then started my C25K this morning at 5:15 am so I am having to tell myself the good about this. 

Jul 4, 2012
    13. Jul 5, 2012 7:21 PM (in response to rlrideoutjr)
    C25K - July

Congrats, everyone, on a job well done!!!  My running partner and I will start on Monday and just from the posts I've read on this forum, I am more excited about running than I have EVER been.  I'm going to the gym to do my normal cardio for the next few days and then I'll be ready to go for it on Monday.  I am not excited about getting up early--I live 5 minutes away from work and I LOVE to sleep, but I know I'll be okay after a while.  Can't wait to post my progress on Monday.  Keep up the good work, you guys!!!!

• txbbker Amateur 19 posts since
    Jul 2, 2012
    14. Jul 6, 2012 5:19 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1

2. How do you feel? Pretty good...calves are a bit sore

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I feel pretty energetic

222 lbs. to 219 lbs. since last Friday. Started eating healthy and C25K this am

1 2 3 ... 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...