Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5476 Views 88 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2005 6:28 PM by Guest Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • Cully092 Legend 373 posts since
    Jul 4, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Dec 20, 2004 9:57 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: I'm a freshman boy in high school...

quote:

Originally posted by Austin Santillo:

Um...please make what stop?

the exaggerating of peoples times...

----

Cullen[/URL" target="_blank">

• sparks77 Pro 195 posts since
    Sep 12, 2002
    32. Dec 21, 2004 5:10 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by Austin Santillo:

No, I am sure. Because a sophmore named Craig Forys from Colts Neck, New Jersey ran a 16:01 5K as a freshman and came within seconds of breaking the national record for freshmen.

And I didn't start this topic to talk about how good I was. I was just curious about other freshmen's times across the country compared to mine. You're a little oversensitive, Mikey.

Now first off kid, if u were starting this topic to 'find out about other freshman's times across the nation', you wouldn't have started by saying "my best time in a 5K is 17:30, anyone think that is good?" Obviously you already know your pretty good a lot of High School runners would kill to run a 17:30 5k, I'm a senior and I'm happy as hell with a 18:30. I've been training my A** off to get to where I am. You also say your not bragging, but why then would you put down replies like "I just did, 7 mile easy run..." or "I'm one of the best freshmen in New Jersey". obviously you all ready know your good so do us a favor and if you would like to post here post useful info not a load of ur bs full of self attitude, cause frankly no one gives 2 s&!%$. Be proud of the time you have cause injury and something called cockiness can bring the best man to his knees.

----

SXC Rocks!!!!!!!!!
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine <br />"Good teams become great ones, when the members trust each other enough to surrender the me for we."<br /> Phil Jackson

Sparks77[/URL" target="_blank">

""Do you ever miss it much?" Denton paused as he was sliding out of the booth and looked at Cassidy.

"Quenton, you'll come to understand this eventually.  I had my time, I really did.  It was wonderful, no doubt about it.  Stood up there blubbering like a schoolboy with my hand on my chest...."

"Bruce..."

"...and that was then.  Now I have a wonderful life.  Family, career, good health..."

"Bruce...."

Denton Laughed.

"More than I can tell you," he said, picking up the check and handing it to Cassidy."

~Again to Carthage

• the kenyan Legend 1,152 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    33. Dec 21, 2004 6:33 PM (in response to Guest )
  • Professor010 Legend 613 posts since
    Nov 6, 2002
    38. Dec 22, 2004 5:40 PM (in response to Guest )

whoa, looks like a lot of people woke up on the wrong side of the bed these past couple of days...ok, maybe he was bragging a little, but id be proud too if i was one of the best distance runners in my state. did you really have to bring him down again...and again...and AGAIN...?

Oh and sorry i cant help w/the actual topic. im not a freshman or a boy, and if i was my time still would be nowhere near 17:30.

----

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

• Professor010 Legend 613 posts since
    Nov 6, 2002
    39. Dec 22, 2004 5:42 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by track1234:

u suck, so what if you can run 17:43 5k as a frosh. Its good but not amazing. Tons of kids are running faster than that. I can run a lot faster than that, but u don't see me bragging. Give another message when you break 1:55 for the 800, 4:15 for the mile and 9 flat for 2 mile

i do see you bragging.

----

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

• aurang Legend 1,354 posts since
    Jun 26, 2003
    42. Dec 24, 2004 12:22 PM (in response to Guest )

To run 15:22 as a freshman is more than possible, I done seen it with my own eyes at the county fair.

No, seriously, there's a guy in Quebec running 13:53 at the age of 16. He ran sub-8 for 3k at the age of 15, I forget the exact time, but it was comfortably below. Three weeks ago, he beat 4:01 miler Mike Woods at the Canadian Junior Cross Country Championships.

So yeah, when you run under 13:30, or even 13:37, get back to me.

Jason Rexing once ran 17:30 while being rabbited by a bear, and bearing a rabbit on his back.  I'm not impressed, kid.

• aurang Legend 1,354 posts since
    Jun 26, 2003
    44. Dec 24, 2004 4:42 PM (in response to Guest )

I ran 14:54 for three miles this summer.

Who cares what I can run?  Do you say that to your coach?  Do my points become more valid with each 30-second drop in my 5k time?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...