Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

11128 Views 52 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 9:26 AM by KFish33 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • JessicaEdwards88 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 19, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Aug 15, 2012 3:46 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on? w6d2

2. How do you feel? good that I tried to do it, a little disappointed that I struggled so much this time

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet, but I might repeat this one

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? no

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  I feel great!  I have lost a couple pounds, but look a lot better.  I am having a hard time with this heat (So Cal is getting blasted right now) and my kids schedules.  I usually run in the EARLY am, but am a little bored, so I tried to run this one near the park during my son's football practice..... I think I should have waited a little later...  almost made it all the way, but not quite....

• DogCrazy1966 Amateur 38 posts since
    Jun 8, 2009
    31. Aug 15, 2012 7:45 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on?  W3D1

2. How do you feel?  I had a GREAT run today.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Not yet.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  I really think that doing kettlebell swings is helping me hugely.  I do 3 sets of 20 with a 25 lb kettlebell on on my off days.  Between running and my swings, my legs are getting into great shape.  This is going much better than the last time I did C25K, and I can only attribute that to my swings.

• BarefootSteph Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 2, 2012
    33. Aug 21, 2012 12:06 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D2  (I think I may hold the record for the longest time spent on W2)

2. How do you feel? Good!  I was having problems with shin pain until I changed shoes and stayed on W2 for a few weeks to recover.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? See above. 

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm less stressed on days I've run.  I'm also noticing less soreness after runs compared to the first few weeks.

• luckylisp82 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 21, 2012
    34. Aug 21, 2012 1:04 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

Hello all.  I'm new to the forums here.

I tried C25K last year but stopped about a month in.  This year I turned 30 and with my Diabetes (Type I) and weight out of control, I decided to try this again and this time really stick to it. 

1. What Week/Day are you on?  W3D1

2. How do you feel? More confident and happier with myself. 

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?  I'm thinking I might need to repeat W2. 

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?  I am able to jog for about a minute but cannot jog the full minute and 30 seconds.  I start to walk quickly the last 30 seconds of the interval. 

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Yes!  My belt loops have gone down 2 holes!  I've been stuck on the same hole for over a year and to feel and see the difference in my face and body is encouraging!  Also, my diabetes is starting to level and I'm finding my blood sugar levels more stable   This is huge for me!  Running is also a great stress reliever.  I put a couple of motivational signs near my treadmill.  When I start getting really tired,  I look at them and push through.

I warm up prerun and stretch post run. 

I am hoping to keep up the walking and jogging and sign up for a 5k by Nov/Dec. 

• txbbker Amateur 19 posts since
    Jul 2, 2012
    36. Aug 22, 2012 12:42 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on? W5D1

2. How do you feel? Excellent. I had to take almost 2 weeks off due to Achilles pain. I did a lot of uphill walking, changed shoes, and revamped my pre- and post-workout stretching routing. Now running (mostly) pain-free.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Due to time off, I've been doing each day 2x.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I've lost a total of 14 pounds.

• Longtallsallee Amateur 9 posts since
    Aug 25, 2012
    37. Aug 25, 2012 6:29 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

W5d1 doing 0 to 5k which is similar.  Gets you running 35 min in 8 weeks. Feeling good. Had to repeat w4d3. Not timing myself.   Hi, I am a 49 y.o. Mom of 3.  I started running 2 years ago and did a 5k. I quit due to shins splints( which I now think wàs my shoes cuz I have had no issues this time). I had knee surgery for an ack tear from skiing in January.  I really miss running and the way it makes me feel. I am back at it.  I am surprised at how well it is going.  My knee is a little bothersome but manageable. Excited to be at the halfway mark.  I am not very fast but am going to finish program before I try and work on getting faster. My first goal is to run a 5k at the end of sept.  Since its my birthday and I am halfway thru program I think I will treat myself to a new pair of running shoes!

• katrinas626 Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 15, 2012
    38. Aug 25, 2012 8:46 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

Week 3 Day 1 today. Excited that when I got the 3 minute runs I didn't check the time left until 15 seconds were left. I'm proud that I ran 2 minutes and 45 seconds straight before my brain I thought it was getting hard. I have been walking or biking on my off days, today I bought a kettle bell so I can start strength training. Need these 25 pounds to GO AWAY!!!

• RobotPierre Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 27, 2012
    40. Aug 27, 2012 8:56 AM (in response to 1to1)
    Re: C25K - August, 2012

Hi there! New to the forum-- 41 years old, really very unfit, smoker for 22 years.

1. What Week/Day are you on?

Just did Week 5, Day 1.

2. How do you feel?

I feel good! It was a little easier than I thought it would be, and I slowed down on the second 5 minute section (my route has quite an incline which kicked in for the first 2 minutes of that) but felt really strong toward the end. (Now I'm a bit tired, though ... could do with a nap!)

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?

This is my second attempt at C25K. I tried in early June 2012, but my ankles/shins hurt badly. This has been completely cured by getting a pair of running shoes that handle my feet pronating.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?

I did accidentally add a bit of time of Week 4, Day 2 -- maybe a minute and a half.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

I seem to have lost two inches off my waist -- at least that's what my belt's telling me. I don't have weight goals, because I'd just end up obsessing about them. I'd like to get down to a 32" or a 30" waist (I think I'm 36" - 34" at the moment, started off 38") but I suspect this will be quite a while coming!

• raspin Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 1, 2012
    43. Sep 1, 2012 12:25 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on? W5D3

2. How do you feel? So proud of myself for being able to do this. When I started and looked through the different training days, I was convinced that I would die if I had to run 20 minutes. I did have to walk for about a minute, but still!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? During week 3, was on vacation and wasn't able to do keep on.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I definitely fee better about myself, even if I haven't noticed any physical changes.

• DogCrazy1966 Amateur 38 posts since
    Jun 8, 2009
    44. Sep 2, 2012 4:50 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on?  I just attempted W5D3

2. How do you feel? Frustrated, because it wasn't fatigue or pain that held me back, it was technical difficulties with my ancient treadmill in my garage.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I've decided to try again tomorrow outside.  I've kind of been waiting until the triple digit weather goes away, but I don't want to hamper my progress and when I'm working 3 12 hr shifts in a row, I can't make it to the gym on a between day.  I always have plenty of energy for those night shifts when I run or workout on my in between days.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Not yet.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm more dedicated.  The things that frustrate me are the little things, I'm working through the days and feeling fantastic about most of my runs.  It's only when I'm distracted that I don't have that feeling during the run.  I always feel good about finishing.  I just am getting addicted to feeling in the zone during my runs. 

So, forecast tomorrow be damned, I'm hitting the streets.  It's 108 today, supposed to be 104 tomorrow.  I see lots of sweat and water in my future.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links