Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

673 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 11, 2012 9:03 PM by Lochbain RSS
Roy2k Rookie 3 posts since
Aug 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 2, 2012 11:35 PM

Am I the Only One?

Has anyone else ever tripped on one of those 18" diameter circular wire hoops that fall into the street or sidewalk that come from lost hubcaps? Its like a jogger snare trap. This happened to me twice in two years. First time, it tripped me so hard, I smashed my head on the concrete and needed 16 stiches above my right eye. Few days ago it happened again however I was lucky to fall in the grass without harm.

Is there anything that can be done about these damned things? I have had some other near incidents with these things as well over the past years.

Note: Some photos not for the squeamish.

Attachments:
  • Lochbain Amateur 36 posts since
    Apr 23, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 11, 2012 9:03 PM (in response to Roy2k)
    Am I the Only One?

My advice would be to pay better attention to where you are running. They are not the worst things you could be catching. If you catch a computer mouse sized rock you could sprain or snap your ankle and they are a lot harder to see then the rings.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...