Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

802 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 10:30 PM by stazzi RSS
disneygirl125 Rookie 4 posts since
Jul 18, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2012 2:33 PM

what's your favorite vibrams to run in?

I need to get a pair and i'm trying to decide which to get. I did try out the sprints and the bikila ls. The sprints didn't seem to have enough ground protection for me, even though they were really comfortable. I ran on an indoor track and can't imagine running outside in them. The bikila ls's were good, but they rub on my heal and gave me a blister. I might just get them and wear inji socks with them. Which ones do you prefer to run in?

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    1. Sep 1, 2012 1:16 PM (in response to disneygirl125)

You may want to try the Spyridon LS.....that model is supposed to offer extra protection for the LR and trails.  Also, look at other brands like NB and Fila.  I have them, but do not run in them...they are great for walking and recovery after longer events. 

Wishing you the best in your search!

• stazzi Rookie 7 posts since
    Oct 16, 2011
    2. Oct 16, 2012 10:30 PM (in response to disneygirl125)

I just got my first pair of Speeds this week. I am in the process of transitioning from Nike Vomeroes to these.

I like that the upper is made of material similar to other running shoes, and that they lace up. It has been really easy to loosen them up enough to slip on. They lace up snugly and give a comfortable fit without rubbing anywhere. I wear Inji socks, too. I have been walking daily for 30-60 minutes in them. This is the first time in years that I haven't had my arches cramp up after a walk/run!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...