Skip navigation

732 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 12:19 PM by Frank_B RSS
NELL_blue Legend 303 posts since
May 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 18, 2012 5:20 AM

Rules of a Different Kind

I'm putting my e mail together for my 2013 recruitment of new umpires. I am looking to the brain trust here to help me fill in gaps I might have missed in looking for new umps.

1) Recruited from outgoing Majors managers last year, got 2 maybe 3.

2) Actively recruited a woman who seemed interested and asked her to try to build interest in more woman.(We seriously have a Dads umpire and Moms work the snack bar issue)

3) I reached out to coach of High School team to get Student Volunteers from their team.

4) I sent letters to Rotary, Lions and Volunteer Fire Companies asking for help.

5) I am adding an umpire link to the Leagues web site with info on how to help and my contact info.

6) I sent a news release to the local weekly paper and asked to included in their web addition.

This being done I need more folks.

My first monthly umpire meeting will be end of September and I will be doing some training during Fall Ball.

What else can I be doing?  I will truly move on any idea that has worked for you,

Thanks for sharing any ideas or expanding on those listed above.

Dan

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. Aug 18, 2012 6:42 AM (in response to NELL_blue)
    Re: Rules of a Different Kind

All of our sports venues.....including baseball, soccer, football, hockey rink, basketball gyms, and cities little kids playgrounds, have bulletin boards.

That news release to the local weekly paper you spoke of might serve well posted on those boards-----if those boards exist in your locale.

Post note:  I also have seen bulletin boards in area supermarkets.

Good Luck in your endeavor Dan!

Frank!

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    3. Aug 18, 2012 12:19 PM (in response to NELL_blue)
    Rules of a Different Kind

My pleasure Dan.

Absent my suggestion... as it was, you did one hell of a job with the 6-points coverage you posted in your OP.

If the results "come up short"----it won't be because of your lack of effort.

Again, Good Luck!

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...