Skip navigation

1241 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 7:23 AM by BOSNPM RSS
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,372 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 19, 2012 10:42 AM

19 Aug - Sunday

I started a little later than I wanted today - 9:30 instead of 6:30.  However . . .14 GOOD miles done! It's amazing what a difference 10/12 degrees and a cloudy sky can make! Current (after) temp is 71 and they've been revising today's high down from low 80s to 77.

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Aug 19, 2012 4:09 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    19 Aug - Sunday

That's AWESOME, Len. It wasn't even too terrible when I dragged my arse out at the crack of noon. Upper 70s by then, and a touch humid, but what a difference a day makes. I haven't been able to fuel the way I need to, so my pace wasn't consistently awesome, but I kept it with the acceptable range as per Coach K, if not PR worthy. So, eleven done.

Mine goes to eleven. That's one louder.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Dec 14, 2007
    3. Aug 20, 2012 7:44 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    19 Aug - Sunday

My current problem isn't finding appropriate things to eat, it's finding ways to keep it from fighting with my digestive system. Last two days haven't been too bad, considering.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    5. Aug 20, 2012 8:03 AM (in response to thefirecat)
    19 Aug - Sunday

Sun was a rest day, Sat was my LR I did 17 with miles 5-10 @ MP pace.  We did 8x 200 strides at the end.  I always hate the 1st one but it seems every stride after that one my legs feel better?  Moved my son into UNCW after, I was the one who had tears.  Empty nest for us now.

Dec 14, 2007
    6. Aug 20, 2012 1:34 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    19 Aug - Sunday

I remember trying to force-feed you half a banana after Nashville in 2008, to no avail, Len. This whole gallbladder thing is really frustrating to me, because I've always had guts of steel. Now all of a sudden, I look at food and throw up. I didn't actually hurk during the run yesterday, though, which was a step up from a lot of runs lately (which is the number one reason I've been running outside in the heat the last couple of days, instead of at the gym. It's just easier that way.)

Hopefully the surgeon will get me some answers on Thursday.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    8. Aug 21, 2012 7:23 AM (in response to thefirecat)
    Re: 19 Aug - Sunday

Sara,

Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...