Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1146 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 8:24 AM by digill312
digill312 Rookie 2 posts since
Dec 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2012 8:30 AM

anyone rent a bike at sherox bermuda triathlon?

Trying to figure out if i should rent a bike or ship.  Has anyone done this triathlon in the past and rented a bike?  what types of bike do they have on the island.  i reached out to bike shops and they won't reserve until a week before.  also wondering if the course is flat or hilly?

• Julie Ann Hackett Legend 228 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 30, 2012 3:32 PM (in response to digill312)
    anyone rent a bike at sherox bermuda triathlon?

I haven't rented for that race but my rental experiences for other races have been great.  The bike shop should be able to tell you what kind of bikes they have available and they should be able to fit you to a frame for your size.  I'm surprised that they will only accept reservations 1 week out.  Most of my friends have shipped their bikes for races and I haven't heard any horror stories yet, but I'm sure they are out there.  I think renting is more economical if you're not particular about having your bike.  You can only make so many tweeks with your bike tool so it may not be as comfy or fit as well but for a short race a rental is less stressful for me.  Someone once told me that its not the bike that matters, its the motor.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points