Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

467 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 6:24 AM by yensen RSS
yensen Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 30, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 30, 2012 6:24 AM

How to Choose Running Shoes

Hello everyone. I’m in running more than 15 years. First 7-8 years I didn’t pay attentionto the shoes I wore. Than there were a lot of injuries – heels, knees, back.And all this time I tried to find appropriate running shoes. 3 variants werefound:

1) Go to store and test as much as you can.

Minuses: too muchtime, there’s no guaranty in actual conditions running will be such comfortableas in store, unknown durability.

2) Read reviews in magazines, Internet sources (forums, blogs, articles).

Minuses: you don't know people who wrote it andreasons why they wrote reviews. It could be just an advertisement.

3) Ask friends for advice, runners that

Minuses:time is needed, it’s difficult to aggregate all opinions and extrapolate theirconditions on my.

Amongthese options I prefer the third one. But how to solve the associated problems? And solution wasfound:

http://www.opinere.com/catalog/mens-running-shoes   - for men

http://www.opinere.com/catalog/womens-running-shoes    - for women

With this service you can:

- filter shoes by different parameters (type, pronation control, etc).

- separate(and aggregate) ratings of people you trust. Facebook profile andrelations can be used for these purposes.

- Forexperts in running shoes rating is calculated. Users who need more opinions candetect high-rated experts.

- add/edit shoesdescription.

I’m involvedin this project. And I’m interested in your opinion about such tool. Any criticism is welcome.

P.S. If you like this site please tell your friendsabout it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...