Hello everyone. I’m in running more than 15 years. First 7-8 years I didn’t pay attentionto the shoes I wore. Than there were a lot of injuries – heels, knees, back.And all this time I tried to find appropriate running shoes. 3 variants werefound:
1) Go to store and test as much as you can.
Minuses: too muchtime, there’s no guaranty in actual conditions running will be such comfortableas in store, unknown durability.
2) Read reviews in magazines, Internet sources (forums, blogs, articles).
Minuses: you don't know people who wrote it andreasons why they wrote reviews. It could be just an advertisement.
3) Ask friends for advice, runners that
Minuses:time is needed, it’s difficult to aggregate all opinions and extrapolate theirconditions on my.
Amongthese options I prefer the third one. But how to solve the associated problems? And solution wasfound:
With this service you can:
- filter shoes by different parameters (type, pronation control, etc).
- separate(and aggregate) ratings of people you trust. Facebook profile andrelations can be used for these purposes.
- Forexperts in running shoes rating is calculated. Users who need more opinions candetect high-rated experts.
- add/edit shoesdescription.
I’m involvedin this project. And I’m interested in your opinion about such tool. Any criticism is welcome.
P.S. If you like this site please tell your friendsabout it.