Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

424 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 12:50 PM by Shaun_Nichols RSS
Shaun_Nichols Amateur 7 posts since
Aug 23, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2012 12:50 PM

Hour well spent!

So I had intially thought about ordering shoes online to save a little bit of money since I had a coupon. After reading some post I decided to go to a "real" shoe store here locally.

The whole process took about an hour but it was time well spent. The guy was very knowledgable. The first thing I did was get on a treadmill where he recorded my jog for about 20 seconds. He then showed me how I was landing and based off of my evaluation, it was determined I was a neutral runner.

I had gone in the store with a specific brand of shoe in mind (Mizuno). After trying on about 8-10 different pairs of shoes, I was really amazed with the Brooks Ravenna 3.

The shoe felt great and seemed to "fit" my foot just right. I am so glad that I took the time to do it the right way. Turns out had I ordered online, I would have been unhappy with the shoe and would have gotten the wrong size.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...