Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

719 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 13, 2012 6:08 PM by nowirun4fun RSS
Running Aficionado Pro 188 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 11, 2012 8:01 AM

Vibram Five Fingers Review

Vibram is an Italian company that has been producing some of the finest rubber for shoes since 1935. The Vibram Five Fingers sole technology started out as extensive research and design project.  When Vibram approached shoe manufactures about incorporating this revolutionary barefoot rubber sole into their products it fell upon deaf ears. So Vibram set out to build and sell the Five Finger shoes all by themselves.

Get to know more about Vibram Five Fingers.

Marathon Running

• nowirun4fun Legend 208 posts since
    Oct 22, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 13, 2012 6:08 PM (in response to Running Aficionado)
    Vibram Five Fingers Review

I don't think this is news to anyone who has done any running in the past few years.  I'm not a fan at all.  I'm 99.9% certain transitioning into these is what caused a stress fracture in my right foot, and I'm also just as certain my running form isn't all that much in need of adjustments.  I'm just glad someone was willing to buy them used from me on ebay.  Buyer and user beware.  After all their acceptance to date and somewhat cult like following, I'm thinking I'm with the majority of folks who've maybe been there done that and won't go back, or say to themselves why bother.  One things for sure, they are not the shoe of choice for any race I've been at, and I've never seen anyone I admire for their running performance wearing them.  This is where you tell me "the great abc" is using them, to which I say as always, to each his own.  They cost me four months of my running life, and I don't like them, and surely didn't like running in them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points