Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1015 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 7:22 AM by SandraBoyd2524
SandraBoyd2524 Rookie 3 posts since
Sep 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 12, 2012 7:12 AM

Please tell me I'm not allergic to running...

I am very new to running...well, fitness in general. Over the last year and a half I've made major changes in eating and fitness and I'm finally to the point where I can run comfortably for a while. I am going to do my first official 5k Saturday. It has only happened a few select times but each time I notice that I have pushed myself harder - past what I thought my boundaries were. Whether it's running faster or for a longer period of time. Anyway, what happens is after I've cooled down I have a major sneezing attack and then what seems like a full blown allergic reaction. Last night the sneezing went on for a full ten minutes...stop then start...ugh. Benadryl helped eventually but today it feels like I'm getting over a cold. I am running in my first official 5k Saturday and I'm wondering if I should take a Benadryl before running. They usually make me sleepy so I'm a little hesitant..but at the same time I know I'm going to try and push myself and I really don't want to deal with this mess of sneezing and runny nose etc for another round. Help!?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points