Skip navigation

1537 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 5:26 PM by JumpShot0881 RSS
JumpShot0881 Amateur 28 posts since
Apr 5, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 25, 2012 8:01 PM

Tryouts!! Really need some help!

Heres the deal. I'm in junior high and currently I am playing softball. The season after softball is basketball and I dont know when i should practice. I have academics and sports and i'm getting soo confused. I am not going to drop either one. I would go down to my neighborhood court but my outdoor ball is slippery and old. and i cant get to the court indoors. What can I do? I have natural talent for b-ball but i need to put in effort. I get out at 400 and get home at 430. I play pointguard or shooting guard. Tips on what to pratice on and how often are needed!! Thanks!

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 27, 2012 3:53 PM (in response to JumpShot0881)
    Tryouts!! Really need some help!

Well you should be practicing all your skills in basketball. Focus on the ones that need improvement and just "polish" the skills you already have. You should practice at least 3 times a week. They don't have to be long exhausting workouts either. 3-5 practices a week that last around 20-30 minutes long would be fine! If you can fit more it that's perfect! I like staying ahead in school and often just practice my dribbling and passing inside my house when my parents are out. Sadly I don't got a hoop but I'm making one in metal shop soooo it'll be interesting Anyway just do what you can! I think you'll have a great shot at making the team!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...