Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

599 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 7:35 PM by chicachilla
chicachilla Rookie 2 posts since
Sep 27, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 27, 2012 7:35 PM

Couch to 5K

Well here goes the beginning of getting to running and burning off this copious muffin top!!  I've started back to the ym end of May.  Started back on all the cardio machines and this Milon system my gym showcases.  Moved on to Spin classes, lifting classes, and the occasiona HIIT class.  Husband insisted I invest ina  mountain bike so when we have time we can bike weekends and evenings we're home early.  Having great fun, lost about 20lbs in about 3 months, translating into 4 pant sizes, and  total of almost 11 inches off my thghs, waist, bust, hips, and arms.  This is ONLy the start.  My goal is to run the Rugged Maniac with my aunt a year from now and to be fit again.  This time I wanna see my hard earned, ripped abs, not just be thin again, AND ROCK this Rugged Maniac business!!! 

We'll say I'm still over 250, but not for long.  I'll be under 250 by December, preferrably sooner. 

We'll see how this running business goes until I've shed more weight.  I don't want to mess up my knees.  May have to resort to that crazy Cross Trainning machine for now doing interval trainning.

Look forward to getting this done with you all!!  So LET'S DO IT! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...