Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

982 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 4:37 AM by FameFlower RSS
FameFlower Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 11, 2012 4:37 AM

Daniels' Running Formula -- plans to choose

Over ten years ago, I was a competetive female college runner.  Then a career and children and no time for running.  In 2011, I ran my first marathon as a weekend warrior in 3:28 (two quality runs  on weekends with no running during the week).  Now, my youngest child is older and my job is more predictable, so I want to dedicate more time to training to run a quality marathon next June.

I started running again at the end of August.  I have 35 weeks until my marathon.  My humble goal is 3:15, but many of my friends and former competitors are running in the 2:45-3:00 range.  I would like to use the Daniels' Running Formula as my training guide, but am not sure what path choose:

Athlete in me says:

Two weeks of the Blue Advanced Plan

Sixteen weeks of the Gold Elite Plan

Eighteen weeks of the Elite Marathon Plan

Realist in me says:

Sixteen weeks of the Blue Advanced Plan

Twenty weeks of Program A Marathon Plan

I live in rural area with no runners around me, so I don't have training partners nor know anyone who has used the Daniel's Running Formula.  I respond well to challenging workouts, but I do recognize that as I get older its harder to push myself when I know I have other responsibilities (but maybe that will force me do do my runs at a faster pace to get thme done quicker).

Any advice you have is welcome, especially on the usability of Daniel's Running Formula.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points