Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1324 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2006 12:56 AM by Professor010 1 2 Previous Next
searbear Amateur 10 posts since
Jul 30, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 24, 2006 6:50 PM

is there anyway?

honestly;
i get boerd on the treadmill.
and my mom is overprotective and she wont let me run in our backtrails.
so i only do a mile on the treadmill never more.
and im trying out for cross country this monday.
anyway i can make it on the team?
i basically run a ten minute mile now. and thats all i do.
helppppp!

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    1. Aug 24, 2006 8:06 PM (in response to searbear)
    Re: is there anyway?

Only one possibility.  Shoot your mother and run 30 mile in the next three days. 

----

"Like you did as a child, take the quiet path, the scenic route. Pedal the back roads, slip through the neighborhoods. Suck in the sharp air.
    Smell the trees...."

Mark Jenkins
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

They didn’t know my shoulder was broken so I just kept riding

People don't Understand how hard it is to win a bike race...That my problem...I make it look easy

It's Easy to lie with stats, but it's easier to lie without them.

• grayeyedscorpio Rookie 35 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Aug 24, 2006 8:12 PM (in response to searbear)

I don't know what the CC program is like at your school, but schools I have worked at did not cut anyone from the team.  Dedicated teammates run all year, but some don't train until practice starts. 

Have you tried "racing" on the TM to beat your best time? That helps me live through (and hurry through) TM workouts.

Would your mom let you run the "backtrails" if someone ran with you?

• Crazy1004 Legend 1,032 posts since
    Jan 29, 2006
    3. Aug 24, 2006 8:16 PM (in response to searbear)

I like my idea.

• kjb runner Legend 353 posts since
    Aug 18, 2006
    4. Aug 24, 2006 8:32 PM (in response to searbear)

how old are you? It's ok if you run around your neighborhood... that's ridiculous. How are you supposed to train if you can't even run? Maybe she could take you down to the track so you could go for a run.

maybe u could tough it out on the treadmill although that's a lot different than normal running. I hate treadmills too.. if I ever go on them I listen to long songs, the songs change slower and makes time go by faster.

• runlifer08 Pro 181 posts since
    Mar 1, 2005
    5. Aug 24, 2006 8:44 PM (in response to searbear)

wow...most protective mom I have ever heard of!!!  even if you cant run on trail why not around the neighborhood or somewhere to get off the treadmill...if she still says no...well i honestly think that she is crazy and tell her that she is holding you back from something that you truly love which is just going to make you rebel and since you dont care about your health anymore you are going to go drink and...well you can make up the rest 

Western States 100 2014...See you there.
  • bcarvings Legend 259 posts since
    Mar 13, 2005
    6. Aug 24, 2006 8:59 PM (in response to searbear)

People be reasonable here. Now abviously she is not speaking of running on the street in a quiet neighborhood. I can relate because there are "trails" near my house all around coal banks and mine shafts, and its just great to explore WITH A FRIEND. You don't go alone (especially a hot girl) into the woods running. I live in a good neighborhood and just last year my aunt saw a "devil worshiper" comming out of the woods. Now of course it could have been 1 of those gothic kids (completely harmless) but why take the chance?

Anyway I just wanted to say don't flip on your mother because you can't go on these trails. Now if she won't let you run in the good parts of the city then that's different.

Be safe, be carefull, and most importantly run like the wind!

• DanTheRunner Pro 112 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Aug 25, 2006 8:12 PM (in response to searbear)

i beleive that psycho is CRAZY1

lol

jk crazy

• newenglandfan08 Legend 462 posts since
    Apr 23, 2006
    9. Aug 26, 2006 11:00 AM (in response to searbear)

doesn't she work during the day, go out for a run and then come back either that buy mace and carry that with you. i hate running a treadmill.

I still believe that if you are running that when your done you should be somewhere else.

• chumsae Legend 231 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. Aug 26, 2006 1:28 PM (in response to searbear)

Dont you need a license to carry mace?

• kjb runner Legend 353 posts since
    Aug 18, 2006
    12. Aug 26, 2006 1:39 PM (in response to searbear)

quote:

Originally posted by searbear:

where can you buy mace? hah

K-mart aisle 3, overly protective parents section... but really, the thing I'm more scared about in the woods are ticks and poison ivy. I hate those things. I have a nasty spider bite on my arm right now it's all swollen, I think I got it from running somewhere. Also I read an article about a mountain lion in the woods here, and there's a healthy black bear population :O.

I'm making it worse, aren't I?

My sister isn't allowed to run in the woods I think. Usually she goes around the neighborhood and runs with a friend. Maybe ask ur mom if u can run with a friend? maybe even a dude friend

• newenglandfan08 Legend 462 posts since
    Apr 23, 2006
    14. Aug 27, 2006 9:08 PM (in response to searbear)

whats that thing they do in football, i belive its called running?

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...