Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1637 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2012 10:42 AM by MelissaDail RSS
MelissaDail Rookie 2 posts since
Nov 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 21, 2012 10:42 AM

Eating right while training?

Hi,

I am training for my first half in February and I am having a hard time with eating properly to train at my best ability. I am not trying to lose weight during this, but I also do not want to gain weight either.

I usually eat around 1400 calories and run 2-3 times a week... Now I am running 3 times week with one long run, and possibly a day or 2 weight training or doing other cardio. On days that I run I do eat extra calories, but I am not sure how much more I should be eating to keep my energy up especially for long runs. Is it ok to eat a lower amount on days that I do not run, or should I be eating a more consistent amount each day of the week? 

Can anyone send some advice or even a sample training diet? It would be greatly appreciated!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points