Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

506 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 5:49 AM by Dark-Horse RSS
brndog Expert 50 posts since
Jun 14, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 24, 2012 8:16 PM

Runs and Workouts, Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sounds like some good workouts and runs yesterday.

I did 4 miles on the dreadmill tonight as it was raining outside.  We might get some snow tomorrow...OMG!  I need to run one way or another tomorrow, so I may have to put the chains on the running shoes and get out there.  You may not be familiar with chains, Ray, in your part of the world.

Mike in Minneapolis

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 25, 2012 6:48 AM (in response to brndog)
    Re: Runs and Workouts, Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The dreadmill is the final option for me, but when it's windy and cold or raining, it sure beats the couch.  Nice run Mike.

I worked in my yard yesterday picking up the pretty, colorful leaves that now cover the ground.  I didn't get 'em all, I'm still waiting for a couple of trees to give in to the cold.

I'm curious Mike, do you take advantage of the snow to get in a workout?  A few years ago I took up cross country skiing and found I like it a lot.  The local snowmobile club grooms the railtrail just below my place and conditions for skiing are awesome right after they groom.  What's not so awesome though, is the snowmobilers.  The speed they ride at is downright scary and you have to be careful not to be get in their way.

Another option is snowshoeing and I do that too, just not as much.

Anyway, yesterday was a 4 mile bike ride on the railtrail in 21:41.    

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    2. Oct 25, 2012 5:49 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs and Workouts, Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rich in NH wrote:

What's not so awesome though, is the snowmobilers, the speed they ride at is downright scary and you have to be careful not to be get in their way.

The best player at our chess club has no siblings. He had a sister but a few years ago she was hit and killed in her early 20s by a snowmobiler while she was walking on a frozen lake one winter night. I attended the wake at the funeral home. Several people spoke; apparently she was a lively and well-loved young woman.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...