Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1217 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 6:19 AM by jeb6294
Momrocs Rookie 4 posts since
Jul 26, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 1, 2012 5:51 AM

Starting Week 4.....

I am on my third try at started C25K and this is the furthest have gotten.  I was a little worried about week 3 and doing the three minute runs but I managed to do them all!  Then I thought maybe following this is the key!  Then I flip to week four which I will start today and run FIVE minutes!  They get scarier as the weeks go on!  Anyone do the five minute runs easier than they thought?

Karen

• dianelev2 Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 12, 2012
    1. Nov 12, 2012 5:42 AM (in response to Momrocs)
    Starting Week 4.....

Yesterday was my first week 3 workout. The 5 minute runs next week are scaring me too. Good luck!

• jeb6294 Pro 75 posts since
    Oct 26, 2010
    2. Nov 12, 2012 6:19 AM (in response to Momrocs)
    Re: Starting Week 4.....

In a word...yes.

I was worried about the jump from week 3 to 4 also and now I'm going to be working on week 9 tomorrow.  If you are able to complete all three weeks of week 3 then the best thing to do is just move right into week 4.  For me it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I was able to make it through the week.  Give it a shot and if you don't quite make it and have to repeat a day it's no big deal, but you may surprise yourself.  One thing I did (and still do) is run with a stopwatch.  I would start the time at the beginning of each run and go as long as I thought I could and I wouldn't check my time until then.  Most times I would be surprised to see I had gone 3:30 or 4:00.  By that point I figure I had already gone that far, what's another minute or so?  It made it a lot easier for me seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points