Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

531 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 8:12 PM by Dark-Horse RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 1, 2012 3:59 PM

Runs & workouts, Thursday November 1, 2012

Can you believe it's November 1st already?  Wow!

Today's workout was a 7 mile mtn bike ride on the railtrail in 37:51.  The colder it gets, the less excited I am about riding the thing...lol  Give me running pants and a windbreaker any day...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Nov 1, 2012 5:09 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, I definitely know where you're coming from.  I was unable to run from mid-July 2011 until Christmas.  We don't normally where shoes in the house, but I couldn't walk w/o shoes.  Had a pair just dedicated for walking in the house.  I am much more aware now of how bad an achilles problem can be...Fortunately I have no experience with PF.  Did learn to embrace the cross training for 6 months.  It's not fun.

Did a short 4 mile recovery run today in the rain, time 36:56 (9:14/Mile).  Calves are sore, will need to roll them out tonight.

Ray

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    3. Nov 1, 2012 8:12 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Good workouts, gentlemen.

Tonight was my chess club night, so I didn't get in a workout. I get up pretty early to report to my National Guard job. so it's been a long day.

Rich, yes, PF is one of the bad ones, but you should fare better than I have. As a classroom teacher I couldn't stay off my feet, so my PF has just hung around for years. You have a chance to beat this thing a lot sooner.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...