Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

664 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 5:54 PM by rcuriel
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 6, 2012 2:37 PM

Runs & workouts, Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another 3 mile run on the railtrail today, splits were 10:32, 9:47 and 9:36.  I support my injured foot well enough so I'm able to run without pain in these runs and it looks like I might finally be headed in the right direction with Plantar Faciitis.  At least I hope so...

Deer season has opened here in NH and the railtrail is through heavily wooded country, just where you'd expect to find both deer and hunters.  I don't mind hunting, but did make it a point to dress in a bright yellow windbreaker today, just to be on the safe side.

And last but not least, when I voted this morning there was a rather loud, older gent a few people behind me in the line.  First he announced who he'd be voting for, then he proclaimed that it would be nice if women voted with their brains instead of other body parts.  This was in a mixed crowd of about 50 people, and to my surprise, he actually survived the comment.

I'm one person who's VERY glad this election is just about over...lol

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Nov 6, 2012 3:27 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

5 miles around lake Vasona again, 44:30. 8 or 10 pelicans today and whole lot of seagulls - just as many Canada geese with one flying right over me close enough to reach out and grab.  Walked mile and half back to work with a half mile talking to an older gentleman.  Temp was only 81F today, they say the weather's going to turn tomorrow.

Nice run Rich, hoping that you've turned the corner too.  Am so glad this election is almost over, just hope I can live with the results.

Voted this morning and there always suprised when I ask for a paper ballot these days, but then I work with computers all day...

Ray

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    2. Nov 6, 2012 5:08 PM (in response to rcuriel)

Nice runs, gentlemen. Rich, don't overdo!

I did my full gym workout in honor of Election Day:

Stretching routine

100 pushups

100 situps

30 dumbell curls each arm

30 lat pulldowns

30 leg presses each leg

30 kickbacks each leg

Hip strengthening routine

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    4. Nov 6, 2012 5:54 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

DH, good workout.

Rich, maybe we could split the difference...

Maybe Mike is stuck in voting booth, or waiting in line to vote?

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...