Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2121 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 12:19 PM by JimArnold6 RSS
Alex2424 Rookie 3 posts since
Nov 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 8, 2012 12:19 AM

new here

Hey there,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Alex, I'm 24 and quite a newbie when it comes to running. Hope I can count on you, experienced runners

Just popped in to say hello and I'm off.

• dianelev2 Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 12, 2012
    1. Nov 12, 2012 5:50 AM (in response to Alex2424)
    new here

Hi Alex! I'm new here and new to running too. Good luck!

• DanielleBownes0 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 24, 2012
    2. Nov 21, 2012 10:13 AM (in response to dianelev2)
    new here

I am new to Active.com as well. You can call me D. I'm 26 and have been running semi-consistently since this past April. I don't know if that qualifies me as experienced, lol.

Peace is to be found only within, and unless one

finds it there he will never find it at all. - Ralph W. Trine

• JimArnold6 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 22, 2010
    3. Nov 21, 2012 12:19 PM (in response to Alex2424)
    new here

Hi Alex and all other newbies...my best advice based on 40 years of running is after you have a reasonable base built up, push yourself.  If you quit on getting over that hill without walking it will become easier and easier to quit again.  If you do push yourself you will be amazed at what you can accomplish, in both the short and long term.  And the mental toughness you build will extend to everything you do, not only running.  Best of luck!  Run a Turkey Trot tomorrow if there is one near you.

~McDuck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...