Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

388 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 10, 2012 7:15 PM by ThomasKopp
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2012 7:15 PM

Missouri State Highway Patrol, Troop C 8k Run / 2 Mile Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Troop C 8k Run / 2 Mile Walk below Back to event details page.

• ThomasKopp Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 15, 2012

The course was a bit challenging for a beginning runner. It's quite hilly in several areas. Mile 4 goes down hill for quite a bit which is a nice break but shortly after rounding the corner is a large hill which took some powering up it to get to the top (the trees were beautiful on this mile though). I could barely breathe by the time I got there. I ran the last Go! St. Louis Halloween 10k recently and this race was more of a challenge even though it's shorter. The people were all nice. The event was well organized. I was surprised at how few people showed up this year (especially since it's for a good cause). Last year on their website they show results for over 250 people but this year they list only 161 people completing the race. Hopefully, the event grows and more people show up next year. I like seeing some of the different police vehicles they use. They have a large armored car that they were driving kids around in and the kids seemed to really enjoy that. The weather was amazing. Cool fall breezes, sun shine, and no rain. It was a hard run but I enjoyed it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...