Skip navigation

307 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 7:56 AM by R-hizzle RSS
R-hizzle Amateur 22 posts since
Jan 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2012 7:56 AM

Ran the Chicago Perfect "10" on Nov 10,2012

Needless to say, it has been a journey for me getting back to running after my knee surgery. That said, I wanted to post that I went, ran and finished the Perfect 10 at Chicago's Navy Pier on Sat, Nov 10th. Preparation for this, my last race for the year, I think, started a week before. My last run was two days before race day. Carb dinners,w protein, started two days before and hydration started three days out. I knew I wouldn't sleep good the night before, so resting up also started three days out. All strength training ended 5-6 out, with some cross trng. The plan was to finish without being exhausted. I was determined not to start too fast and to chop the race into sections. I wasn't sure of this plan when i was being passed by so many runners. It worked, each sections of the race i ran in slow,medium and a faster/steady pace. I passed many of the runners that had blew past me.  I was not exhausted at the finish and actually had energy left for the rest of the day. I'm sorry but I don't believe that running is an easy sport. In fact it takes planning, preparation and strategy. This was only the 2nd season for this race, but i will make it to the next one for sure. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of running the lake front at Navy Pier, the crowd(tons of runners) was awsome, and the course. Did anyone else run this race and what did you think?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points