Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

459 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 6:16 PM by PineGroveDave RSS
PineGroveDave Amateur 7 posts since
Feb 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 14, 2012 6:16 PM

New Here And Sort Of a Newbie...I Think...

Greetings everyone!

I'm Dave and I hail from the Sierra Nevada foothills in CA. I'm 52 years of age and I began running a little over 2.5 years ago for health reasons. I was 220lbs of "unhealthy" weight at 5'10", pre diabetic, on cholesterol and BP meda when my doc gave me an ultimatum to either "do something" about my health or go on more meds. In 3 months I lost 45lbs and got completely off meds...and I never looked back. I'm an avid lifter and I took up walking back then. Since then I've ran the 2011 Oakland Half Marathon (my very first run) with a 2 hour 18 minute finish. I also participated in the 2011 and 2012 NorCal Tough Mudder Challenges at Squaw and NorthStar and yesterday I entered in the Walnut Creek Half coming up this 12/8. I'm not a terribly fast runner (today I just knocked out 6.2 miles in 1 hour on the treadmill w/ a 3% incline) but I do enjoy it so very much and I'm looking forward to sharing advice, experience, and whatnot with folks of like mind. Take care everyone and see you on the board.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...